Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Do you apply your foundation with fingers, sponge or brush?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 27 Replies
I tried applying my foundation w a dampened sponge and I feel like I had to use 10x the amount! I didn't like it.

I usually use my fingers but the girls at Ulta said they like using a brush, which I've seen a lot of the YouTube girls do also, so I bought one but haven't tried it yet.

What do you use to apply your foundation?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.   I just dab the foundation on to my face and the buff it in.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM

If I'm Ina rush I use my fingers, but that's only if i am using a light coverage foundation, with the full coverage stuff my fingers don't apply the makeup evenly. My preferance is to use a brush. I dab on my foundation and buff it out in all directions. I have a few brushes. My favorites are my tarte bamboo brush and my sigma flat top kabuki

fairymom82
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I have an airbrush gun thing for makeup artists. I adore it. In like 3 minutes I get flawless coverage and finish. 

XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM
My fingers. Like jean... mostly because I'm trying to be quick. I do have a beauty blender but have yet to try it out.

But the brush jean spoke of, the sigma flat top kabuki, really is highly recommended by a lot of beauty gurus.
twinners.mama
by Kayla on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I use my sigma flat top kabuki and nothing else!!! Love that thing :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

If I'm Ina rush I use my fingers, but that's only if i am using a light coverage foundation, with the full coverage stuff my fingers don't apply the makeup evenly. My preferance is to use a brush. I dab on my foundation and buff it out in all directions. I have a few brushes. My favorites are my tarte bamboo brush and my sigma flat top kabuki

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:19 PM

It's a great brush and. It's so easy to use!

Quoting XnikoX: My fingers. Like jean... mostly because I'm trying to be quick. I do have a beauty blender but have yet to try it out. But the brush jean spoke of, the sigma flat top kabuki, really is highly recommended by a lot of beauty gurus.

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Instead of foundation, I blend bb cream just onto blemishes with a cotton bud, it looks really natural. Sometimes I'll blend sheer powder on top with a kabuki brush.
Christy619
by Christy on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Same, exactly :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.   I just dab the foundation on to my face and the buff it in.

Bonjour..
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:48 PM
3 min? That's how long it takes me to do all of my make up hehehe :)

Quoting fairymom82:

I have an airbrush gun thing for makeup artists. I adore it. In like 3 minutes I get flawless coverage and finish. 

fairymom82
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Bonjour..: 3 min? That's how long it takes me to do all of my make up hehehe :)
Quoting fairymom82:

Thats from loading to application finished. For a fast face it takes maybe 8-10 minutes. But Im a perfectionist so I take longer than it should lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN