Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

My skin looks old....

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

.....granted I'm getting very little sleep these days between my two little ones. One hates sleeping the other is a teething monster...but suddenly im looking at my face and all I see are enlarged pores, the beginning of fine lines and bumps and dullness and BLAH. 

I wear makeup almost everyday....should I take a break from it....is it  making my skin dull?  I wash my face and remove makeup every night......

What are your tips for keeping your skin looking healthy,young and rejuvenated? And don't tell me get more sleep, cause I got a good 6 to 12 more months of crappy sleep to go!

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I limit my makeup wear to when I'm going out or when i really feel like it. Which for me isn't every day.

But i know the feeling. I catch myself staring at my skin thinking "ugh..and so it begins." I nit pick everything. The other night all I could think was how dull and ick my skin looked to me. So I used this facial mask I got from target. Can't recall the name of it right now (not home atm) but when I rinsed it off I felt better.
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Yeah I'm gonna do up a face mask tonight too. I think my skin needs to detox or something....

Quoting XnikoX: I limit my makeup wear to when I'm going out or when i really feel like it. Which for me isn't every day. But i know the feeling. I catch myself staring at my skin thinking "ugh..and so it begins." I nit pick everything. The other night all I could think was how dull and ick my skin looked to me. So I used this facial mask I got from target. Can't recall the name of it right now (not home atm) but when I rinsed it off I felt better.

eChard
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
A skin polish or exfoliator... Gets rid of the dull
twinners.mama
by Kayla on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
exfoliate then a good mask a few times a week. I only wear makeup when I leave the house, for the most part. Or if it's a day when I want to wear some, but I'm not doing anything special, I wear a very limited amount if makeup.
MrsApple
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I exfoliate once a week with baking soda,along with an olive oil mask.This stuff makes my skin feel and look amazing!

Then daily I use a aloe/vitamin e moisturizer with spf (I forget right now what brand I use) with anti-wrinkle cream around my eyes.I don't wear makeup every day and when I do I don't wear a lot.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM

What's the difference?

Quoting eChard: A skin polish or exfoliator... Gets rid of the dull

eChard
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM
I don't know lol

Quoting jellybeanjean:

What's the difference?

Quoting eChard: A skin polish or exfoliator... Gets rid of the dull

MrsHMS
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM
I do intestinal cleanse and drink water.
Christy619
by Christy on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Water and vegetables. Less sugar and dairy. Its been a learning process as i get older but im realizing that our skin is a direct reflection of what goes into our bodies. I've actually been reading the beauty detox solution lately. Interesting stuff!
Disneymom18
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Drink lots of water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)