Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Too young?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

I really love this style of clothes and with spring and summer coming up I am super excited to pack away my heavy coats. But I'm worried that this style might be too young for me. I'm 22 and a mom to a 2 year old. Because I'm a mom I feel like I should be dressing older than this but at the same time, like I said, I'm only 22. I recently lost a vast majority of my baby weight (after over a year of busting my butt with diet and exercise) and am finally within range of my pre-baby weight. I really want to be able to wear adorable clothes like this. But I'm afraid it's not appropriate. What do you guys think?

Also this is NOT me.
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Dress how you like. It isn't about whether you are a mom or now. There is no such thing as mom-wear. It's whether it looks good on you, whether you are comfortable in it, whether you feel fabulous in it, and whether it's appropriate for the activity or venue you are going to go to.

Enjoy!

theresaphilly
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

No that dress is not too young for you, if you feel good in it, wear it and own it.

CrunchMaMaBear
by Beauty Queen Crunch on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I think that style is cute and can be worn by a 22 yr old.as long as your boobs and ass are covered , I say where what you like, who cares if anyone thinks youre too old, they can suck it :-)
StreetsAhead
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Not at all, if you like it go with it
CorbinsMumma
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Couldnt have said it better

Quoting kika.fleur:

Dress how you like. It isn't about whether you are a mom or now. There is no such thing as mom-wear. It's whether it looks good on you, whether you are comfortable in it, whether you feel fabulous in it, and whether it's appropriate for the activity or venue you are going to go to.

Enjoy!

ChillyWiggles
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Thank you everyone. It hard getting advice when all my friends are are either still in college or just starting careers and childless. I love clothes and would hate having to sacrifice the clothes I love. Would anyone have any ideas on what kind of shirt cuts would look good on a big bust? Even though I lost weight my chest hasn't gone anywhere :(
dawnnamarie
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Super cute. I would wear it and I'm 27! Lol

I love dresses and boots
MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Go for it! You're in your twenties, you can do it.
bcauseimthemom
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The dress is cute. I think the outfit is fine for a mom... especially a 22 year old mom.  The boots look goofy though...

SallyMJ
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the style is great on you, but this dress is a little short. Would look better a bit longer, and will make it easier to chase after your daughter.  Knee length or slightly above the knee would look great. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)