Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you apply glitter nailpolish?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:24 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have tried dabbing it, piling it on in layers, but I never get more than one or two flakes of glitter on each nail.  It also softens the color polish underneath the glitter layer.  Help. 

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes I put a matching color underneath for a solid base. Apply a layer, let it fully dry, apply another, fully dry etc. It takes longer but it works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM

If it the bigger flakes it is a pain in the ass to get on the nail.  That is why I like fine micro glitters since they are easier to work with.

kwannon
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:01 AM

I agree with the others - you need to let your base fully dry first.  Another trick is to make sure that you mix your polish before applying - try to keep it upside down for a bit to get the glitter near the top.  Then, when you're about to apply, let the excess polish drip down rather than putting the brush against the rim of the bottle.  You want to use a light touch when applying, and I've found that the glitter usually comes out after several strokes, but you have to be careful not to remove your base layer.

twinners.mama
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Let your base layer dry completely. I normally have to apply 2-3 coats of glitter depending on the quality or look I'm going for. Also, use a light hand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)