Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP dry hair !

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
My hair is So dry I cut back on using heat and I get my ends trimmed every 6 - 8 weeks . what kind of deep conditioner do you ladies use ? I use just regular garnier fructice hydro shampoo + conditioner but I need something for weekly treatments.

Thanks ladies for the ideas I used coconut oil my hair smells so good and feels soft (:
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I use ion repair at home. I get redken protein shot at the salon works wonders
SeventiesChild
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM

1. Okay are there any hairdressers out there? Than plug your ears/ cover your eyes. I actually use a bit of hand lotion and it works great. It would depend on the brand of course but i use Eucerin Original healing lotion. Put a very small amount in your hands as you would normally put hand lotion on,  rub hands together and spread over surface of dry, styled hair.

2. I wash my hair every other day. This gives a chance for the hairs natural oils to work thru to ends.

3. Try a heavier conditioner for everyday (every other day's) use.

XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Try coconut oil. I don't suggest putting lotion in your hair like the previous person suggested.
MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM

At least once a month, I wash my hair with a paste of baking soda and water mixture.  It pulls off all the left over styling products on your hair.  Then I take a couple of cups of mayonnaise and slather my hair with it.  I stick on a plastic shower cap and sit around for an hour.  I wash it out and the shine and body is great!  Also just a couple of eggs, scrambled and raw do wonders for hair that is very dry and over done.  Olive oil works too.  I have a small bottle of olive oil that I heat in a small bowl and I soak my fingernails in it for about 15 minutes per hand.  It keeps the cuticles so nice and makes my nails shine and grow like crazy. 

I don't dry my hair with a hair dryer, unless I have to go someplace during the day.  I wash my hair at night and I pin it up and pin curls and let it dry naturally.  My hair is stick straight, so this is the only way I can get a curl and body into my hair.  I also only wash my hair once a week.  My hair is fine and dry, so once a week with a good boar hair brush makes my hair shine. 

4EverYung
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Do not wash your hair everyday and use a organic conditioner of choice

4EverYung
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Leave conditioner in for over 5 mins helps too, use a boar bristle brush, do not comb or brush wet, brush often so the natural oils can get from your scalp to the ends. The less products used, the better , start though  from the inside, drink plenty of water, get vitamins or take suppliments for hair, hope that helps

jenpen426
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:19 PM

i use aussie 3 minute miracle in the shower about once a week or so

i hear Josie Maran's Argon Oil is pretty good for hair and cuticles, haven't tried mine yet for either

linz04060913
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Coconut oil, honey mask, use Desert Essence shampoo/conditioner. The regular shampoos at the store act as a detergent and strip your hair. 

Nki92
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I had horrible dry hair I went and bought sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and after I'm done washing my hair I put a little coconut oil in it also I wash my hair every 2 to 3 days now my hair is super soft and not as dry
VinVanMom
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Use a leave in spray treatment. I like its a ten. Argon oil is awesome too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)