Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Do you jump on a new fad or wait until it suits you?

Posted by   + Show Post

There are some new fads that I wait a long time before I will buy something that reflects the fad.  I am a classic dresser, but like to add my own twist on it.  I am not afraid of color or patterns, it makes me unique.  There are some fads I am so glad I never picked up on.

I have a lot of basics in my wardrobe, a lot of navy, black and red.  If orange or purple shows up, okay I will check out my local Goodwill and buy a top or shoes in that color.  So, if it is a dud for me, I am only out a few dollars. 

So, how do you handle when a new fad hits the stores. 

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Replies (11-15):
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the red mink coat I bought at shopgoodwill.com for $25! 

Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
Today at 10:00 AM
by Queen Trica on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:15 AM
It depends if I really like it?
jlg12678
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I usually wait until it suits me. 

4EverYung
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM

i simply buy what i like, what catches my eye.

_Meg_
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I just buy what I want when I want it. I typically do wait on fads/trends, though...but not purposely, it just seems to be the way I am. I'm ahead of color trends, though, pretty much always...I just go with the colors that I am feeling right then, but they seem to pick up and become trends. There was an article that I read that said that color trends reflect the feel of society...that certain colors are more likely to be picked during certain eras and times...like this or that color during wars, recessions, times of prosper, etc. So maybe I pick up on that. 

I took forever to grab the skinny jeans/pants trend and I'm sad that I waited so long! I was very overweight at the time and didn't think the skinny pants look would be good for me, even though I had a great hourglass shape...but I lost some weight and tried them and LOOOVE skinny pants! They look amazing on me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)