Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Planning New Years Eve outfit 2015.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

The boobs and tummy tuck will be done by then, yeah, no more tripping over the boobs!  I will be able to see my feet too!  I will still be working out and dropping pounds and taking pride of body.  At 53 wth not?  So, even if I am still a size 18W, which is what I am now, but with about 10 inches off each boob and 4 inches off the tummy, I am going to wear the slinkiest, tightest and shape forming dress I can find or make.

I need your help.  If you see a picture, a pattern, a web page for the dress of my dreams in size 18W, please share it.  I am 5'8" and now at 199 lbs, drop 40 lbs for the boobs and I will be a knock out.  Single, a great income, no debt, why am I still on the market?  lol  The only man who sleeps in my bed is my service dog, Barker.

I am going on the New Years Cruise like I did this year.  I am leaving my dang exh behind, he is a drip. The Captain almost tossed him overboard.

me and mr B, size 24W

This is how dang exh dressed! ugh HE KNEW IT WAS FORMAL!

That coat smelled like dog poo.  No hair cut, bitched the entire time about drunk people, no good food on the buffet, you name it he bitched about it.  Barker was the best date, EVER.

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Only short.

Need to be sure bra straps won't show.

Love the front, but....

I would make a sheer lace back for bra coverage and warmth.  Probably knee length.  

What do you think of these?  

kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Have a look a Nordstrom Plus-Size Dresses for ideas, as well as igigi, Alight, and Lane Bryant.

Good luck and good for you for planning ahead!

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I like #1!! Wait til your body changes to make a final decision though!!! You will find something fantastic!

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Only short.

Love the front, but....

I would make a sheer lace back for bra coverage and warmth.  Probably knee length.  

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I agree! Number 1!

Quoting twinners.mama: I like #1!! Wait til your body changes to make a final decision though!!! You will find something fantastic!
Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Only short.

Love the front, but....

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM

On 3-26-14 Hancock Fabric has Simplicity Patterns on sale for $1.99 each.  I found patterns like the above pictures.  Patterns are great, I can get exactly what I want and those patterns are normally $18 each.  Yeah!

Hottmomma607
by Queen Trica on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Awesome!
Good luck OP!

Quoting kika.fleur:

Have a look a Nordstrom Plus-Size Dresses for ideas, as well as igigi, Alight, and Lane Bryant.

Good luck and good for you for planning ahead!

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the pattern I am going to buy, others too.  I can take pieces from different patterns and get a one of a kind of dress.  I am really going to focus on a sparkly trim belt and once I find that trim, I will build the dress around it.  That rouched area is really a removable belt.  So I will make one of those belts like brides wear to up the look of a wedding dress.  Since that will be removable, I can modify the dress and wear it other times.  Me, being frugal.  

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/77131?feat=502066-GN2&page=summer-knit-dress

I cannot get a picture of this dress to come up, must be coded not to copy/save.  This is the look I am going for, deep V neckline, a banded waistline, which I will make a jeweled belt for and it is knee length.  I will make it out of flowing material, probably a silver/gray or something dramatic in a blue.  I will make a shrug out of lace to cover up my upper arms.  I like this dress because the back is solid, to cover up my bra.  No matter if my boobs are made smaller or are still huge, I always wear a great bra to make these 53 year old girls up around where they should be, not dragging them on the ground. 

I purchased my jewelry today.  14 ct pear shape moonstone earrings and a white cut quartz with an angel carved in the back.  Both are large and dramatic pieces.  But they were on clearance, so both only set me back $30.  Yeah!

I am also a budget buster.  I may wear my red mink coat again, it never gets that cold in Alabama, so that is the only time I can wear something that heavy and hot.

My dance shoes, I have three pairs, gold, silver and black.  So, depending on the color of the jeweled belt, that will dictate which shoes I wear. 

Thanks for the replies.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM

http://www.onestopplus.com/Product.aspx?qoId=2303-94991-1039

I bought this, in ocean blue, 24.99!

lady-t3984
by Tina on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I couldn't pull this up. Have you tried Macy for an outfit,they have beautiful formal dresses. I love your spirit! The last cruise I went on my dear husband was w*th me,he passed away,so I haven't been on a vacation or out to dinner.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

http://www.onestopplus.com/Product.aspx?qoId=2303-94991-1039

I bought this, in ocean blue, 24.99!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)