Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

My face gets me depressed

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have a lot of blackheads that I can't help but take out and my face is so ugly with so many scars. Idk if I should give proactive a try? Any suggestions? I want clear skin:( I don't feel pretty!
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JJsbabygirl
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:52 AM

See a dermatologist. 

mummyoftwins92
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM
My friend had bad achne and blackheads.nothing worked, so her mum ordered proactive and it worked brilliantly. Cleared it up and after a year she didn't have to use it anymore she changed to a store brought item and she never had a problem again.i guess proactive just got everything under control.but in saying that it is alot of money to pay if it doesn't work.maybe see a dermatologist first.

Quoting Lelly11: I have a lot of blackheads that I can't help but take out and my face is so ugly with so many scars. Idk if I should give proactive a try? Any suggestions? I want clear skin:( I don't feel pretty!
cookiemonster35
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:33 AM

For your blackheads, there is something called Exolift. You might have to Google it to see who does that in your area. For the scars, a series's of chemical peels will help a lot. This will be a more affordable non-invasive way to go!!

ddc2307
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Check out Unblemish from Rodan + Fields.  They are the doctors who created Proactiv, and this is their newer line.  Unblemish has a 60 day, empty bottle, money back guarantee.  It may seem expensive but you get a 2 month supply of 4 products including an SPF formulated for acne prone skin.  I have friends who have been using and love it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_HbvukLGpZ0

mrs42
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I've been using Clinique's three step system. It's the only thing that's worked for me. Also the clarisonic Mia really helps clearing pores though I know it's pretty expensive. Start with setting yourself a routine of cleansing every night, gentle exfoliation (even just a clean washcloth), and an acne product/moisturizer. try not to mess with your face because that's causing the scarring...

jlg12678
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM

If you have insurance I HIGHLY recommend a dermatologist. They are able to prescribe items that fight both acne/scars/etc.

If you are going to go over the counter be careful of using anything with fragrance as it's an irritant. Also look for items that are non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic. Avoid harsh cleanser or products that list alcohol as one of the first ingredients as it will dry your skin out and cause more issues.

I personally use three items from the dermatologist and use clinique for a moisturizer.  At 36 I have clear skin with no acne/scars/wrinkles and haven't worn foundation in years...this isn't because I have genetically good skin...it's because of the products I use.

wennyvw
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I LOVE PROACTIV!  My sons and I all use it!  I had blackheads and oily skin and though I don't scar easy, it was still rather obnoxious.  I started using proactiv about 2 years ago, and would NEVER go back to not using it!  It works great - give it a try!

jen1130
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Awake cleanser by Younique is great~ if you would like to look at it I can PM you the page. I am an independent presenter for younique.

roxybeachbum
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

try peter thomas roth.. it works wonders. i love it. its only that worked. you will love it

Apr1l
by Katie on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:42 AM
What really got rid of my blackheads was witch hazel, ob a cotton pad gently pressed and wiped on the face EVERY night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)