jennifer anistonJennifer Aniston looks good. Period. She doesn't just look good for a 45-year-old; she looks good for a person of any age. Her skin glows; her hair is shiny; she's in fantastic shape; and most of all, she seems happy. So it's no wonder it's bothersome to Aniston when people say she "looks good for her age."

In a recent interview with Women's Wear Daily, the actress expressed her irritation with society's need to constantly emphasize a woman's age. "Your age always has to be mentioned and men don't really get that for some reason," she said. "It's not like you see Joe Schmo, 37."

The lady's got a point. Think about it: You may not have known Aniston's exact age by heart, but you likely had a ballpark figure. Now think about this: Do you have any idea how old her fiance, Justin Theroux, is? What about Hugh Jackman? Or Bradley Cooper? And when you refer to them as attractive, do you say: They're attractive for their age?

The sad truth is, since the beginning of time, women's ages, and whether they look them or not, have been carefully scrutinized. The "for her age" line seems to be a mainstay in our world, particularly the good ol' US of A. And to be honest, it's slightly confusing, because who determines what looks good for a specific age? I think we can all agree, if we're using this measuring system, that Jennifer Aniston looks good for a 45-year-old woman. But doesn't she look good for a 38-year-old woman as well? Isn't she a good-looking woman, regardless of her age? Isn't Diane von Furstenberg considered beautiful in most circles? (I'll save you the Googling -- she's 67.)

Wrinkle-free skin, a pert bottom, and lush hair -- do I even need to say this? -- are nice things to have. But, as cheesy and cliche as it sounds, the most attractive thing in a person of any age is confidence and the ability to be comfortable, truly comfortable, in one's skin.

And a superficial bonus of not succumbing to society's pressure to be eternally youthful-looking and just being happy with what you've got? You'll likely glow a little bit. And a little dew certainly never hurt.

What do you think of the "for her age" line?