Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms how do you wake up early and stay up ?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 18 Replies
I am having such a hard time waking up at 7 I need to make sure I have enough time to get ready for work at 10am but I always seem to wake up at 9. It gives me no time to shower in the am or eat breakfast. How to people do it?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinners.mama
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Hmmm.... Although I've had mornings where I'm super tired, I've never been able to not get up. I always wake up, work out, then shower.

To force yourself out of bed when your alarm goes off, put your clock (or phone if that's what you use) on the other side of the room. When the alarm goes off it'll force you to get up to turn it off. Have something in the morning that gets you excited to get up. Get something yummy to have for breakfast? That can get you excited to be up. Try going to sleep earlier?? Series that's a hard one. Do you have good sleep quality? If you feel like you need something to center you before bed to sleep better, exercise a little before bed. You don't even have to do a full blown workout. Just 10 minutes of yoga or an exercises can really make a difference.
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I wake about around7 ish. I have to stay up cause I have to watch my infant and toddler. During nap time I do chores cook and clean myself up. I survive on a lot of coffee and tea. Lol.

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I just do it.  I have to be up by 6 so I can start to get ready for work, then I have to get the kids up and ready for the bus which comes at 7:45.  Then I am off to work.  There are days which I hate getting up and am super tired but I just do it.  Coffee helps a lot too LOL.

kwannon
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM

There's an app for iPhone called Sleep Cycle, where you put your phone on your bed as your sleeping and it analyzes your sleep pattern to choose the best time to wake you up within your time frame.  We all have sleep cycles ranging from deep sleep to light sleep - when your alarm goes off during your deel sleep that's when you're really tired when you wake up.  This may help.

Oh, and go to sleep early, too. ;-)

.Holly.
by Holly on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I noticed you posted this at 1:30 am. Changing your sleeping schedule by going to bed earlier will help.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Go to bed earlier, make a plan to get up and exercise (it'll give you more energy).

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Going to bed earlier will make it easier. I'm in bed no later than 10 pm, but most nights I'm going to sleep between 9:30 and 10. However, I'm also the kind of person that once I'm up, I'm up for good. Dhs alarm goes off around 5 am and it wakes me up enough so that I can't go back to sleep. It's frustrating, but that's how my body is.

Christy619
by Christy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Coffee. Haha. 3 days a week, I start at 4am. I make sure to do everything the night before, like have my clothes ready, handbag ready with everything I need in it. I basically make it so that everything is prepped and I dont have to search for anything. I also shower the night before days I have to start that early. 

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I get up for work everyday at 3:45 am.  I go to bed right after my 5 year old goes down.  I also use a duel alarm. First one is music to wake me enough so when my buzzer goes off I am up.

twinners.mama
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I just downloaded that app last week and I am in LOVE with it!!!!!

Quoting kwannon:

There's an app for iPhone called Sleep Cycle, where you put your phone on your bed as your sleeping and it analyzes your sleep pattern to choose the best time to wake you up within your time frame.  We all have sleep cycles ranging from deep sleep to light sleep - when your alarm goes off during your deel sleep that's when you're really tired when you wake up.  This may help.

Oh, and go to sleep early, too. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)