Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Dry shampoo recommendations?

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have an oily scalp, but would like to avoid washing my hair every day.  Anyone else with an oily scalp that can recommend a dry shampoo?  

Thanks!

by on May. 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Katie on May. 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Batiste brand is the best
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Kayla on May. 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM
This! But recently I needed some and the store didn't carry batiste. I tried herbal essence'a that comes in the white can. I have to say it's not too bad.

Quoting Apr1l: Batiste brand is the best
MellowMum330
by New Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I love batiste too & I've tried tons. You can order on Amazon, but walgreens usually carries it. I like the original & the brown tinted one.

Quoting Apr1l: Batiste brand is the best
pixiemg1
by Amy on May. 13, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I like Batiste and Not Your Mother's

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Oscar Blandi
mismaggie
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM
I bought a full sized bottle of that expecting greatness but I just don't get good results :/ Did you find you did anything a little different with it to get it to work well for you?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Oscar Blandi
ReadWriteLuv
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM
I sprinkle the powder into my hands, rub them together, flip my head upside down and then rub it in. I love the lemony scent.

Quoting mismaggie: I bought a full sized bottle of that expecting greatness but I just don't get good results :/ Did you find you did anything a little different with it to get it to work well for you?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Oscar Blandi
jenpen426
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Ive used Suave and Tresseme.
3mom627
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I used Suave and it appears that they quit making it. I will have to check out the other brands. I just get lazy and don't feel like washing my hair. Thanks for the suggestions.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Mlhmcb
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Thanks mamas!  

Can I further ask... How do you all apply?  I found a trial size of the Tresseme and tried it but the smell was overkill (I have a super sensitive sense).  I sprayed sections, used my fingertips to "massage" around, then brushed and styled.  But between the smell and the greasy look 4-hours later I felt disappointed.  Any other tricks to share?  TY!

I'm doing a parenting research study for my MEd - Will you help? An anonymous survey:  http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1573248/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)