Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Interview!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

Thank you ladies, for all your advice! I didn't get the job...because I turned it down. I would be selling directv in stores, chasing customers down. The more I sign-up, the higher my position, and I bring home bonuses (no different from direct sales!). Personally, I avoid those people. I had a "second interview" directly after my first, at Sam's Club. I had to be a salesperson for 30 minutes to see what I would be doing as an entry-level. I didnt want to bother the customers. They didnt want us othering them. If I was passionate about directv, it would be a great job. I would go up to customers and sell sell sell. So the job ads were a bit deceiving. Marketing? Yes. But there was no such thing as "PR Rep" in the "company". PR mentality perhaps. Oh well! Time to search some more! Oh and may I just add, compared to other ladies waiting to be interviewed, I was overdressed? lol! Made me feel good!

This is my second professional job interview ever and it has been 8 years. I have to dress business formal. I own an amazing skirt suit but the sleeves are short and I have tattoos. So I did some shopping today and with minimal choices I grabbed what fit me best. Here is what I have, outfit-wise:

I am most likely going with the dress. The black pants have become frumpy since I lost weight.

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
florallove92
by Kailey on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I really like the dress, but I find the matching jacket is just too matchy-matchy. I would go with the brown jacket and dress!! :) Good luck at your interview!

kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I would go with the dress and the matching jacket as it fits you better. Do you have any accessories - necklace, for example? That would complete the look.

Good luck!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I like the dress with the grey jacket.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN