Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

As Seen on TV?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have you ever purchased any of beauty products after seeing them on TV?  Things like the No-No Hair Remover, Cindy Crawford's skin care products, BareMinerals, etc.

If you have, what did you buy?  How did it work out for you?

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I haven't, but I would like to try that No-No thing.

kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM

No, I haven't.

AkashaGermaine
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I got one of the original No-Nos. It was great for the straight parts of my legs. Knees and underarms? Not so much, kept getting burned. I understand the new ones are designed better.

I loved BareMinerals, until I got pregnant with my dd. I started sweating like crazy, but I sweat all foundation makeup off now.
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM

nope i have not.

VACUTIE24
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I brought the pedegg from walgreens
Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM
No, I've seen a lot of bad reviews so I don't trust those things.
crissy1200
somethings are just out of your own hands
Today at 12:37 AM
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I've ordered sheer cover , proactive, bare minerals sheer cover in my opinion was very heavy feeling to me so I canceled my subscription to them then ordered bare minerals and loved it but just felt like it was to expensive and my skin changed so I had to get a different foundation then I ordered the proactive skin kit which broke me out and made my skin feel oily and I hated the smell of it my husband bought me a snuggle robe I lost it somewhere in a box in storage but I like it their was some food chopper my dad bought me for Christmas one year and it cought fire that's about all the things I can think that I have ordered on the tv
Mummy2Connor
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM

my brother tried proactive for quite a long time for his acne, but it never worked.

I had an old coworker order those oval pink pads that are supposed to remove hair without water, etc. She said it took about 3 pads to do just one leg!

Mummy2Connor
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I also ordered on of their cellulite scrubs and lotions- didn't do a thing, and they kept trying to charge me after I canceled.

Now if i want to try something, I look in the "As seen on tv" section in my Walgreens, so I can return it if it sucks :)

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I purchased Bare Minerals, but not from TV, from a store.  I did not work for me.  If I see something on TV that interests me, I wait until the fad passes and I buy it when it is on clearance.  Which has saved me $$, because most of them were duds. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)