Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Have you ever been disappointed by a product?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Amy
  • 12 Replies

What was it and what did you not like about it?

I bought the Olay smooth finish hair removal duo.  It worked great the first time I used it, but when I went to do a retouch a couple of weeks later, it did nothing.  I tried again a 3rd time and still nothing.  I don't think I'll be buying that again.

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mummy2Connor
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Many times.

I can't think of them all....maybe i'm just picky? lol

want10more
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:59 AM

NEVER buy that hamburger-stuffer thing. it sucked.

Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Avon makeup in general, pretty colors however it  makes my face feel heavy

A few summers back the crackle nail was popular, I tried it and it did not work! I bought Sally Hansons version

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Mary Kay makeup. I found the lip jelly to have a horrible applicator and crappy texture. Mascara also clumped way too easily. I expected more for the price.... It's not cheap!
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Yes, quite a few.

There have been foundations, eyeshadows and lipsticks.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Mary Kay and (any brand) Bare Mineral-type powder dust.  Ugh. 

I need to find a foundation that can hold up to 115 F heat and 99% humidity in Alabama.  Any suggestions. 

I tried an at home hair gloss kit, it made my gray hairs SHINE and the non grays looked dull as dishwater. 

I prefer China Glaze nail polish vs O P I. 

Would this insult a manicurist?  I bring my own polish color, so I can repair any chips at home?

pixiemg1
by Amy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Yep, mascara seems to be the one that I am always trying a new one & it doesn't live up the claims. I should just stick to the ones that I know work well on me.
jenpen426
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I have brought my own nail polish to a manicurist.  It was someone I was going to a lot and I asked her ahead of time if she minded.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Mary Kay and (any brand) Bare Mineral-type powder dust.  Ugh. 

I need to find a foundation that can hold up to 115 F heat and 99% humidity in Alabama.  Any suggestions. 

I tried an at home hair gloss kit, it made my gray hairs SHINE and the non grays looked dull as dishwater. 

I prefer China Glaze nail polish vs O P I. 

Would this insult a manicurist?  I bring my own polish color, so I can repair any chips at home?

mismaggie
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM
The Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation. There is/was so much hype about it so I bought some, only to have it show all of my pores and accentuate every imperfection on my face :( I don't even think i have large pores?? IDK why it does that for me and not other people.....totally sucks. Does anyone have any ideas?
digdug
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM
deva curl hair product line. i have curly hair and it said everything i wanted about defining and a soft natural look. my husband asked me if i used my 80's crunchy gel! lol. it also was not cheap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN