Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Pic included.meeting a new stylist

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:41 AM
  • 2 Replies

I am meeting a new stylist on Friday. For the inital visit I just want a basic trim and maybe bangs. What questions should I ask? Should I let her take the lead during the consult or  let her know things such as the chemicals on my hair,I am medicine dependent,... A friend always did my hair however  I no longer watch her son and I cannot afford her!

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Tell her about your lifestyle and the time that you can dedicate to your hair each day. Tell her how often you wash you hair and your habits - do you air dry, do you blow dry, do you use a straightener, etc.

Tell her also what your daily style is, too.

My stylist knows that I need my hair to be low maintenance. My daily style is casual, but I do dress up a few times a week when I go to meetings for work and when I go out. I need to be able to pull my hair back into a ponytail. I don't know how to blow dry my hair to save my life, so it has to look okay air-dried.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM

I ask how to repeat the style at home.  Have you ever left the salon BEAUTIFUL and then you try to do the same style at home and you 'kick' yourself for cutting your hair in that style? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)