Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

I have to pick out a new smile.

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:18 AM
  • 2 Replies

This year I have to replace all my crowns and get a couple of dental implants.  After an accident, I only had two natural teeth, the rest became crowns.  Back in the day 20 plus years, crowns were made differently and the new crowns are all porcelain crowns and look much more like natural teeth.  On 7/29 I will be replacing all eight teeth upper front, my smile teeth and the dentist wants me to bring examples of smiles, in pictures. 

I have gone back and found pictures pre surgery on myself, pictures of my children's smile and pictures of Marilyn Monroe's smile.  When I was asked what I wanted to look like when I woke up, I told the surgeon M.M. because she was the only blonde beauty I could think of.  The surgeon looked up the angle of her nose, cheek bones and her chin.  So, why not her smile, too?  It was never my intention to look like her, like some people want to look like Barbie, I just knew I did not want to go through life looking like Frankenstein. 

If you had to pick a smile, what would you choose and why.  Is there anything I should know about the new porcelain crowns, make the teeth smaller, different shapes, etc?  The set I have now look like massive white/gray Chiclet's gum, ugly.

rare picture of me, in profile.  I have since lost 100 lbs from this picture. 

The cost for all these crowns came to $13,100!  For that money, I want 'perfection'.  I have never ever felt pretty and I really felt ugly after the accident.  I see my face just before surgery, and my nose was bent, my right cheek bone was smashed and my chin was dented, no not a dimple, a dent.  I have had to learn that beauty is not what is on the outside, but what I am on the inside, but I still struggle with this notion of beauty.

Thanks.

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM

She has a beautiful smile.

I don't know whose set of teeth I'd like. Just mine, I guess. 

Good luck with the procedures.

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM
She's beautiful, but I'm bias! I'm obsessed with Marilyn and Audrey!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN