Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever made your own clothes?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Amy
  • 5 Replies

I tried to make a skirt once, in high school.  It didn't turn out very well though.

Have you ever made your own clothes?  Who taught you to sew?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kika.fleur
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:34 AM

My mother taught me the basics. I made a few skirts, and I made a blouse. It would be nice to be able to sew my own clothes, but there's just no time.

lady-t3984
by Tina on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM
When,I was in high school back in 1972,I made a pair of gauchos & a vest to match. It turned out very nice!
PinkButterfly66
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I have.  I taught myself.  I slowly learned from each pattern.  I started with an easy pattern and worked my way up.  I still make stupid mistakes, though.  The last thing I sewed, I was making gauntlets for my daughter for a costume party and I sewed the wrong sides together on one so that when I turned it inside out, it was the inside fabric facing out, not the right side.   I was rushing and getting tired and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

newwifenmom
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM
No I only sew holes and buttons
D-Town
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM

No. But my mom does a lot of sewing and growing up she used to make clothes for me all the time. Now my mom makes clothes for my DD. Or she'll modify clothes for her. 

But if you need to build a rocket or a laser, or need something fixed, you call me. Need something sewn. I'm the last person you should ask. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)