• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Are Your Healthy Winter Essentials?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM
  • 149 Replies

We're always looking for ways to maintain healthy skin as winter quickly approaches. 

Share your tips for keeping your skin moisturized and yourself happy during the colder weather. 

What are your healthy winter essentials? 

Thanks,

~ CafeMom Team 

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I'm Alexis, I'm a 26 year old sahm of 2. I really enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and enjoying each others company, especially during the winter, when it's so yucky outside. I have very dry sensitive skin, as does my oldest daughter, and we both have a very hard time finding a lotion that moisturizes without irritating our skin. Most fragrances really don't work for us, we tend to break out very badly. I would love to find a lotion that works for both of us, and I'm really looking forward to trying out this Vaseline product.

SuperPickle
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM

hello my name is Kelli. I am a SAHM to 3 wonderful boys on the Olympic Peninsula in WA. 

I am always challanged to keep my skin soft in the winter.  It feels like a constant battle of lotions and body washes and all kinds of tricks....I look forward to trying something new.

razorbackfan
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Hello my name is Angela. I'm a SAHM of two kids in a small town in Arkansas. I enjoy spending time with my kids. I like to play with my kids in the snow when we get it or sit inside and watch it snow and drink hot chocolate.

My hands and feet are always dry and crack in the winter. I use a lot of lotion during the winter. I'm looking forward to trying something new for my hands and feet.
jae414
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Hi, I'm Jae. I'm 34 and a sahm of 3. In the winter, in an effort to keep from getting sick, I step up on hand washing and using sanitizers. Unfortunately, because of this, my hands dry out and crack big time. Sometimes, I develop a rash looking dry patch that hurts really bad. I'm always looking for a lotion that will relieve it without stinging or giving me a headache. Certain scents give me headaches, and I never know which ones will do it. Sometimes it's super hard to find a product that meets my requirements. But once I find something I can use that actually helps, I have no problems with dry skin all winter.
Alexsi1
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I'm Alexandra and I am a home daycare provider. I enjoy everything about winter (except the cold and ice lol) and love sipping on hot cocoa and spending time with my family.

I'm 30 years old and have PCOS so skin care can be really difficulty for me. I often deal with dry skin patches on various skin areas. I am looking for a product that can help me with that.

pochaccotx
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I am Ashley I'm from Texas and I am a stay at home mom of 3. We really enjoy winter around here and spend a lot of time outside playing in the cooler weather. Since we spend so much time outside I am always looking for a lotion to help with my dry skin but haven't found one I like yet.i can't wait to try this lotion out.
JayTee80
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Hello! My name is Jay. I'm a married mother of two from the Northeast. My area is known for long, cold winters. I take care of myself through the winter by working out, making sure I get enough sleep, eating healthy, and using a good skincare regimine. My skin tends to become dry and itchy beginning in fall with allergy season. It is tough to find products that keep my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or oily. I'm also picky about scent. I'm excited to try this new lotion.
rocrobin90
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Hello. My name is Robin. Im a 26 year old sahm. I live in South Carolina. I love drinking hot chocolate during the winter and snuggling on the couch with my kids.  I have really dry skin especially during the winter. Its hard for me to find a good product that works on my dry skin. I am really looking forward to trying this product out. Thank you 

cheriealanismom
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Hi I'm Angie, I'm 29 & live in east nc. A mom to two little girls, Cherie and Alani. We spend a lot of time on the beach, which wreaks havoc on my skin. I've been looking for a lotion that won't make me itchy, but will help with all the dryness that the wind, sand and salt water cause. Also, I work in an office with a lot of older people, so they keep the heat turned up really high, which is even worse on me. Looking forward to trying it out!
heldcaptiveby2
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Hi, I am Connie. I am the mother to 2 amazing and slightly spoiled kids. We stay healthy in the winter months by staying active. We enjoy sledding and iceskating, and enjoy the seasonal get togethers and holiday parties.
I love winter but it dries my skin so badly. I really need to find a good lotion to help me make it through the season.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)