• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Generic vs. Brand Name?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 26 Replies

Which do you prefer for beauty and skin care products?

celebrity

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I guess it all depends.  I have brands I prefer, so I stick with those.  But sometimes I will buy certain store brands as back up. 

Abigailhayden
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
I buy some of each. I read the label though and only buy the generic if it has the same ingrediants in it. Things such as anti wrinkle cream and facial moisturizer I stick to the brand name stuff.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I usually buy the generic for things like face wash, make up wipes, etc.  But there's not really a generic make up that I like.

Mommy2Jane
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I have tried generic before for skin care products and they're just not the same. So I prefer brand name. I do like Suave body lotion though. It isn't really generic, but it is a cheaper version. Also, some of the Target, CVS, and Walgreens brands of body lotion and body wash are good too.

conweis
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
I reas the back and compare the ingredients. I like medline though but you have to go through a compound pharmacy, hospital or online to get it.
ablackdolphin
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Usually a brand name but gluten, paraben, sls free etc
Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 6, 2014 at 7:42 AM

i havent seen generic!!

ScrChk23
by on Nov. 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM

This was my thought too.  Would Suave be considered a brand name or generic?  It's my favorite.

Quoting Mommy2Jane:

I have tried generic before for skin care products and they're just not the same. So I prefer brand name. I do like Suave body lotion though. It isn't really generic, but it is a cheaper version. Also, some of the Target, CVS, and Walgreens brands of body lotion and body wash are good too.

ScrChk23
by on Nov. 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My favorite is Suave for lotion, shampoo, and body wash.  I'm not sure if it would be considered generic or name brand.  My favorite Aloe for sun burns is the No-Ad stuff.

ScrChk23
by on Nov. 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Equate or other store labels for example.  Not much in make up but lotions, shampoo, soap, and stuff like that.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

i havent seen generic!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)