Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving week! what's going on at your house?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM
  • 14 Replies

Is it a busy week for you?

I decorated for Christmas outside yesterday...oh yes I did...and am going to finish up inside. I have all I need to make Thanksgiving dinner and all my baking stuff so I'm good! Just need to clesan the house form top to bottom and fit in all the necessary cleaning from 5 people and 2 dogs...ugh.

What about you?cornucopia

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:15 AM

yes too busy....household work, dd1 has school only today, plumber coming tomorrow, babysitting wed, turkey day, work black fri and 10yr reunion

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Off from work today, tomorrow and Wed, then Thanksgiving dinner at my house with my family, going to make dinner, make some browines, watch football, nap and then off to work later on. Then Friday decortation the house and then working friday night.

celestegood
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Not busy at all! For a change, my week will be nice and leisurely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I am not going all out this year. Just a nice meal with immediate family and nothing more

lady-t3984
by Tina on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I started on Sunday,,my oldest dd wanted to go to the market,after church services yesterday, everyone else had the same idea! Today she wanted to go to another market, I couldn't go with her, my legs are still in spasms from yesterday! My 3rd dd is hosting Thanksgiving, so I don't have to do much cleaning, but I am doing the cooking, I don't start cooking, until Thursday morning at 6am. Friday, its shopping time,and coffee time! Saturday my daugbters,and grands usually come help me decorate tree and house. Sunday, it church time! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM

I'm not cooking or hosting, so I don't need to do a lot for that.  But, I do need to do a lot of cleaning this week.  I really need to finish up laundry, scrub the bathrooms, dust the entire house, vacuum upstairs & on the stairs, and wipe down the baseboards and stuff like that.

dmom27
by Christina on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM

My cleaning is all done.  My husband is doing most of the cooking this year.  All I have left to buy are a few things for the day AFTER Thanksgiving.  I like to make turkey dumpling soup with the leftovers.  I wait all year for that.  =)  I am very excited to host dinner this year.  It will be a nice, relaxing, low key day.  I can't wait!

dmom27
by Christina on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!  =)

Quoting lady-t3984: I started on Sunday,,my oldest dd wanted to go to the market,after church services yesterday, everyone else had the same idea! Today she wanted to go to another market, I couldn't go with her, my legs are still in spasms from yesterday! My 3rd dd is hosting Thanksgiving, so I don't have to do much cleaning, but I am doing the cooking, I don't start cooking, until Thursday morning at 6am. Friday, its shopping time,and coffee time! Saturday my daugbters,and grands usually come help me decorate tree and house. Sunday, it church time! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

syfymom354
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Im looking forward to friday so I can read all the thanskgiving drama posts lol
laurenmommyof3
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Very busy. We have been decorating for Xmas. I've been cleaning our house getting it ready for everyone to come over. Getting crafts ready for our kids and nephews to do on thanksgiving. Lots of shopping. I am excited and we have so much to be thankful for this year :) happy thanksgiving everyone :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)