Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Earrings causing my ears pain!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Amy
  • 16 Replies

Lately, any earrings I wear (real gold/silver or costume) cause my ear lobes to itch and sometimes hurt.  Is there anything, short of not wearing any at all, that I can do to relieve this?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I've been the same way. I wear them for a little while every few days to keep the holes from trying to close up, but I can't wear them all day any more :(

melindabelcher
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I'm the same way.
I have to get surgical steel earings
TigerofMu
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

It sounds like you may have developed a metal allergy.  I would stop wearing them for awhile.  You could maybe try hypoallergenic posts.

wandep
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I finally had to give mine up. :(

hillmom
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Definitely give stainless steel a try.
Whereismymind
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM
I agree with pp try hypoallergenic
SweetLuci
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM

 Try hypoallergenic. Also, try coating the posts and back with clean nailpolish, it might give you enough of a protective barrier to help.

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 11:03 PM

That was going to be my suggestion!! I had to do it with all of mine!! And they're all gold!

Quoting SweetLuci:

 Try hypoallergenic. Also, try coating the posts and back with clean nailpolish, it might give you enough of a protective barrier to help.


-Stephanie, SAHM mom of 2, [4 and 1 years old] both boys. Married for 5 years, been with my husband for 10!! :) Have lived in Western MA my whole life. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Thanks to both of you.  I'll get some clear polish and give that a try.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

That was going to be my suggestion!! I had to do it with all of mine!! And they're all gold!

Quoting SweetLuci:

 Try hypoallergenic. Also, try coating the posts and back with clean nailpolish, it might give you enough of a protective barrier to help.


cemcnair
by on Dec. 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM
That's a great idea :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

 Try hypoallergenic. Also, try coating the posts and back with clean nailpolish, it might give you enough of a protective barrier to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)