Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like receiving beauty gifts for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

12 Best Beauty Gifts I Ever Received

woman in mirror makeup

When it comes to beauty, there are so many products to choose from that it can be overwhelming. What looks best? What will work for my skin? What is worth the splurge? So I asked several women who know all about great beauty products to tell me what are their favorites.

Since they always seem to have that "secret" on looking amazing no matter how much sleep they did or didn't get, we all deserve to know. Many of these products were discovered because they were a gift, which they ended up having to continue to purchase for themselves -- or giving as a gift to others. Prepare to fill up your holiday wish list or pick up some fantastic stocking stuffers for your best friends.

What makes your must-have beauty list? Which of these products are you most excited to try (or wish you could get as a gift)?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I'd like to try the purity cleanser. I have sensitive skin and this sounds like it would be good.

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I like to get hair dye and nail polish.

IncognitoOne
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

It depends on what it is and who it's from. My mom is the ONLY person that knows what color foundation I need, so if anyone but her bought that, I'd have to through returning it. Some of my friends think things smell lovely that I think smells like a skunk holding roses, I wouldn't want them buying me scented things, lol.

I'd try most of the things on that list. The lip colors would have to be a more neutral color before I'd try those, though, lol. Red isn't my thing.

TigerofMu
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I always wear moisturizer, and that's usually about it.  I don't think any of those would be worth someone spending that much, but I like the tinted lip treatment.

wandep
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Not unless it is shower gels.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Only if I've specifically asked for it.  Due to allergies and sensitivities, I prefer to pick out my own beauty products.

mommabuck7
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I dont mind getting beauty products as gifts, my mom has gotten me lipglosses and nailpolish. I've received perfumes before but only after I already told them exactly what i wanted.

Vertical15
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Oh, I ADORE FRESH brand stuff.  One year for Housekeepers day our bosses gave us gift sets that had some small bottles and I loved using it.  Just too cheap to pay for it!  I love beauty stuff as gifts.

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I do! I love getting makeup and nail polish sets.

corber2114
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Yes! Beauty products are so expensive anyway & I love trying new things so I'd accept any type of beauty product as a gift!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)