Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with outfits and more....

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I'm not the most fashionable person in the world. I have my moms outlook on throw a little make up on do something rando with my hair and go. Needless to say, I look like crap most of the time and I'm sick of it. I've been working on different hairdo's but I wear a headset at my job (no, I do not work drive thru or fast food.) so doing anything with my hair is kinda hard.

But my clothing choices are horrendous! I mean, I love them, or I used to, but they're not really me anymore. I used to be a tom boy, wearing baggy band t shirts skater shoes and LOTS of black. I'm not feeling it anymore. I want to embrace my womanly side, but I'm so confused about what looks good and what doesn't, how to accessorize, all the basics...not really my thing, but I want it to be!!! Please help me!!!

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
festival
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

well i know how you feel, i started off by wearing some fitted nice jeans with a dressy some what sexy top and nice short jacket. then add some small loop earings with it and  wear some calf leg boots. then if you have long hair u might want to consider a different hair cut such as bob cut . when u are in the clothes stores ask thoes young ladies to help u out with some ideas of theirs. thats what i did then i started dropping pounds i lost 27 lbs so far. the first pic is me last year january 2014 and the second pic is me this year january 2015

florallove92
by Kailey on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:21 PM

You look great! 

Quoting festival:

well i know how you feel, i started off by wearing some fitted nice jeans with a dressy some what sexy top and nice short jacket. then add some small loop earings with it and  wear some calf leg boots. then if you have long hair u might want to consider a different hair cut such as bob cut . when u are in the clothes stores ask thoes young ladies to help u out with some ideas of theirs. thats what i did then i started dropping pounds i lost 27 lbs so far. the first pic is me last year january 2014 and the second pic is me this year january 2015

florallove92
by Kailey on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM

I definitely agree with Festival. When you go shopping ask the sales associates to help you out! Give them some ideas of things you like, parts you want to accentuate, parts you want to maybe hide more of, etc. They will help you create outfits down to the accessories!

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM

I think so too!!

Quoting florallove92:

You look great! 

Quoting festival:

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I do this all the time and I am shocked how they can create beautiful pieces that I wouldn't of thought of putting together. 

Quoting florallove92:

I definitely agree with Festival. When you go shopping ask the sales associates to help you out! Give them some ideas of things you like, parts you want to accentuate, parts you want to maybe hide more of, etc. They will help you create outfits down to the accessories!

courtneyann29
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I would start with a few basic pieces and go from there. Look around online and see what pops out to you. Do you have pinterest? There is a women's fashion section and you can find really cute outfits there.

You should check out Old Navy. They have nice, comfortable, super casual and very reasonably priced clothes.
courtneyann29
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM
Wow!! Way to go!!

Quoting festival:

happywifey08
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I have the same problem but i am a sahm. I know what i like, but feel like i don't look pulled together no matter what i do.
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Start with good quality basics like black dress slacks, skinny jeans, simple tops in colors that highlight your complexion, a pencil skirt and comfortable shoes that fit your lifestyle like ballet flats, boots, heels or sandals.

Once you have the basics, then add accessories.  Do you have a Charming Charlies near you?  They are great, the whole store is divided out by color.  They also have hair accessories which could give you ideas.

Good luck and don't be afraid to experiment.

CafeMom Tickers
cagl84
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Ok you have to check out Jamberry Nails! They are vinyl nail wraps that will last 2 weeks on your fingers and they stand up to a lot of abuse! The are fast and easy, no chipping no smudging... a great way to start embracing your feminine side :) check it out www.courtneylockhart.jamberrynails.net and get a free sample here bit.ly/1t31apP
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)