Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fml

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is what I'm dealing with. I've made other posts in here about extreme damage and how to fix it. But honestly I'm heart broken. I don't know where to go from here except maybe bald. Which is already starting to happen. I have been using so many different types of hair repair and only shampooing twice a week. I condition in between washes and have to pin my hair back because it won't lay down and it helps hide the damage. But my head is getting so sore from doing that. Any advice is welcome although I'm sure I've tried almost everything.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kika.fleur
by on May. 6, 2015 at 1:34 AM

If it's really damaged that much, maybe go to a salon and get a pixie cut? It'll be summer soon, and having short hair is nice then.

It's one way to start over with nice hair.

((((hugs))))

.Holly.
by Holly on May. 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this. I agree, a shorter cut may be best to get some of the damage off. Good luck to you.
Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Thank you. It's heart breaking. I had been growing out my hair for over a year when the girl did this. She gave me a chemical cut and this is the worst my hair has ever been and I've done some stupid stuff to it before. Nothing like this. Short hair looks awful on me. But I don't think I have much choice the only thing I hate is that if I cut it off I won't be able to hide the damage. And that kills me even more. I work with the public so I don't want to be looking awful. Well worse than this

Quoting .Holly.: I'm sorry you are going through this. I agree, a shorter cut may be best to get some of the damage off. Good luck to you.
Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Honestly I've debated on buzzing it. But I'm so scared

Quoting kika.fleur:

If it's really damaged that much, maybe go to a salon and get a pixie cut? It'll be summer soon, and having short hair is nice then.

((((hugs))))

sara-marie
by on May. 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM
do a pixie cut or ur hairs gona get worse and try a wig till it grows back?u can jut keep growing it out id freek if this happend to me my airs so long i sit on it lol

Quoting Hippie_Chic_: Honestly I've debated on buzzing it. But I'm so scared
Quoting kika.fleur:

((((hugs))))

Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Mobile Photo

This was mine before. It's tucked back here too. It was almost past my boobs. And with summer coming up I don't think a wig would be the best. I can only imagine how hot it would be!

Quoting sara-marie: do a pixie cut or ur hairs gona get worse and try a wig till it grows back?u can jut keep growing it out id freek if this happend to me my airs so long i sit on it lol

Quoting kika.fleur:

((((hugs))))

.Holly.
by Holly on May. 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I bet it is heartbreaking for you, but it will get better in time. Hugs!

Quoting Hippie_Chic_: Thank you. It's heart breaking. I had been growing out my hair for over a year when the girl did this. She gave me a chemical cut and this is the worst my hair has ever been and I've done some stupid stuff to it before. Nothing like this. Short hair looks awful on me. But I don't think I have much choice the only thing I hate is that if I cut it off I won't be able to hide the damage. And that kills me even more. I work with the public so I don't want to be looking awful. Well worse than this
Quoting .Holly.: I'm sorry you are going through this. I agree, a shorter cut may be best to get some of the damage off. Good luck to you.

Hippie_Chic_
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 5:00 PM
I hope so. I hate this so so much

Quoting .Holly.:

I bet it is heartbreaking for you, but it will get better in time. Hugs!

Quoting Hippie_Chic_: Thank you. It's heart breaking. I had been growing out my hair for over a year when the girl did this. She gave me a chemical cut and this is the worst my hair has ever been and I've done some stupid stuff to it before. Nothing like this. Short hair looks awful on me. But I don't think I have much choice the only thing I hate is that if I cut it off I won't be able to hide the damage. And that kills me even more. I work with the public so I don't want to be looking awful. Well worse than this

sara-marie
by on May. 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM
im srry this sucks! but cut ur hair or it will keep brakeing off up the shaft!! you cant leave it as is

Quoting Hippie_Chic_:

Mobile Photo

This was mine before. It's tucked back here too. It was almost past my boobs. And with summer coming up I don't think a wig would be the best. I can only imagine how hot it would be!

Quoting sara-marie: do a pixie cut or ur hairs gona get worse and try a wig till it grows back?u can jut keep growing it out id freek if this happend to me my airs so long i sit on it lol

Quoting kika.fleur:

((((hugs))))

kika.fleur
by on May. 6, 2015 at 9:36 PM

You are gorgeous! Go see a stylist at a salon or even a barber, and get yourself a very nice pixie cut. Your scalp will appreciate and need the protection from the sun with summer coming out!

I think you would look very pretty with a pixie or a buzz cut. The great news is that hair grows back. Why deal with daily reminders and heartbreak when you can 'reset', have a new hairstyle, and gradually start growing your hair again. Get a new temporary look. Wear a bandana, big hoop earring, a hat.

Then make sure that you are eating healthy and nutritious foods, exercising regularly so that your body is fit and your hair is beautiful.

Quoting kika.fleur:

((((hugs))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)