Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clip in extensions? Anybody?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just a craft thought I'm having! Anybody had these before? Don't know that I want the maintenance of the bonded ones. Just want something to put in when going out! 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaWanna1982
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have used them, they are great and wayy easier on your hair than bonding...another plus... way less expensive.. lol, Perfect for a quick style change up

saysmom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Do they stay in good? Wouldn't want to worry about them coming out! And how long does it take to clip in? And around now much $$$? Thanks!

Quoting MamaWanna1982:

I have used them, they are great and wayy easier on your hair than bonding...another plus... way less expensive.. lol, Perfect for a quick style change up

lady-t3984
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2016 at 12:00 AM
I would love to try them. I saw them on Y-tube they look do natural, and very easy to install. But, I believe they can be expensive.
SpiritFortress
by on Feb. 15, 2016 at 4:40 PM

I have some and I like them. I've had the bonded ones in the past but prefer the clip-ins.  

Mommy2Jane
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM

I love the one's you can buy at Sally's. They're clip in, but makr sure you get the human hair ones so you can still curl them. I put them in for my friends wedding and you couldn't even tell it was fake hair. I think they're around $80. 

mamasunshine200
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2016 at 11:25 AM
I have really thick hair and had to use 2 packs of hair to give me natural looking length. It was heavy! I'm getting tape ins installed later this week.
sweettgil12
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2016 at 1:36 PM
I have clip in hair extentions. I don't wear them cause I can't figure out how to put them in and secondly people say my hair is thick so it doesn't look good. I loved them the time my friend put them in but after that haven't figured out how to wear them.
blessedmamaray
by on Jun. 2, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Hi! I am a cosmetologist and recommend clips if you wish to take them out on your own time. Bonded is nice because you don't have to worry about reclipping, but it makes it very complicated to wash the hair which is obviously needed. Clips are just all around easier. If you are wanting them for thicker and longer hair, I would also reccemend human hair and for them to be at least 90 grams thick. You want better quality for them to last longer, which means the better the quality, the more expensive they will be. Sally's Beauty Supply sells them, but they are not my favorite brand of choice. I would go online and look through various sites.

As far as taking care of them, DO NOT wash them every singer day. You shouldn't even wash your actual hair every day. If you wash them every day, the hair will become very dried up and eventually just start falling out of the clips. When you do wash them, be very gentle and just simple rub shampoo and conditioner on the hair downward, don't wash them like you do your hair. When brushing, brush gently do you don't rip out pieces of the hair, every hair counts. When styling, of course be gentle, but make sure you use a good heat protectant just to prevent any damage to the extensions. Lots of maintenance!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)