Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How familiar are you with all natural skincare?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was reading an article on Facebook about all natural skincare and all of the chemicals that companies are putting in their products.  Does this concern anyone else?

by on Mar. 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by on Mar. 5, 2017 at 8:51 PM

It doesn't really bother me.  I don't use a lot of skin care products, plus, they are tested.  Chemicals aren't bad just because they are chemicals. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 6, 2017 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It does! I prefer to use more natural products. I really like the Tarte line of make up.

huntsiekfind
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2017 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Very much.  Not just skincare but all products.  I keep trying to make more and more of my own.

huntsiekfind
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2017 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting amonkeymom:

It does! I prefer to use more natural products. I really like the Tarte line of make up.

My daughter woks at Ulta and uses that brand for some of her stuff.

Ladysophy
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2017 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Opting for a healthier alternative is always a better choice, especially since there is so much brands out there that offer great natural cosmetics. I did`t think about that earlier, but since am in 30s I pay much more attention on (unnecessary) chemicals and try to eliminate them from my beauty products. 

Delenarastyling
by on Mar. 28, 2017 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
As a professional Makeup Artist I spend a far amount of time researching products, how chemicals react, and after so much research I now only use chemical free products. Did you know it only takes 23 seconds for chemicals to absorb in to your body. It is so important we become aware of the different things that attribute to our health.
Anne_Flem
by on Mar. 30, 2017 at 6:56 AM

Yes, it does and that is why I only use natural skincare products. Chemical products are good to look at, but in the long term, they can cause problems to our skin. 

Moniker
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Could you please recommend some products?

Quoting Delenarastyling: As a professional Makeup Artist I spend a far amount of time researching products, how chemicals react, and after so much research I now only use chemical free products. Did you know it only takes 23 seconds for chemicals to absorb in to your body. It is so important we become aware of the different things that attribute to our health.

Work_of_art
by Member on Jul. 12, 2017 at 12:55 AM

Im pretty familiar with the products I use. I try to stay away from the harsh chemicals, and more natural makeup. Products.

Shree1990
by on Aug. 25, 2017 at 8:35 AM

Yup, I was bothered by the entire thing. I, first of all, was afraid of all the stuff that is not supposed to be on my face. Then I was uncertain about how my skin reacted to it. Then I was concerned about how this stuff was marketed, I mean ''congratulations on being so beautiful all the models'' but this doesn't make me any less beautiful. No amount of makeup ever makes me look that perfect so I am not? Then I was concerned about the chemicals it was leaving in the system, the animal testing, the ridiculous prices for 25 ml of stuff that may cause me harm, that even the companies admit, they are using what science has suggested is not as bad for us, but it is not completely bad is still not a statement made by anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)