Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap Summer Fashion Ideas that Still Look Great

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2017 at 7:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

I've been on the hunt for some great summer accessories that don't break the bank

Looking like a glam summertime gal doesn't have to mean super expensive clothing and accessories. You can still create the stylish image by copying your favorite stars and shopping for quality items that cost far less. The classic beach babe resides in all of us. Follow our simple tips below, and get fashion's golden glow on:

Hanging In Fab Flip-Flops

That's right; something as simple and sexy as a pair of flip-flops can take a girl far. Consider supermodel Gisele Bundchen; she's recognized and admired the world over and not just for her striking face and body.

Fans of the glamazon respect her laid-back, minimalist style, and for Gisele, that often means the perfect pair of thongs. She adores the footwear so much, she established her own company with Ipanema several years ago. The Brazilian brand features comfy and eco-friendly "jelly sandals" or flip-flops in gorgeous colors and patterns.

Copy her look, and purchase several pairs of flip-flops. You can buy them a lot cheaper than a $30 pair of Ipanemas.

Doing Denim The Girly Way

Model Kendall Jenner has been turning heads as she sports denim in a new way this summer. Sure, most every woman on the planet owns at least one pair of cut-off jeans, but do you also have a cool, denim dress in your closet?

If you do not, there's still plenty of time. Rock a feminine denim look with a pretty denim sundress a la Kendall. Vogue is applauding her model style and likes how Kendall pairs her denim dress with easygoing Adidas. Even a large variety of other denim dresses are less than $25.

Star "Glamming" In Perfect Shades

The ultimate summertime accessory that defines the beach babe in every woman is an amazing pair of sunnies. They look gorgeous with every outfit, and the choices are always hip and trendy and straight from the fashion runway.

Sunglasses are the smart choice against the strong UVA/UVB rays. They also provide instant chicness, an air of mystery and a cool chick attitude.

If reality TV star Kim Kardashian stopped wearing her over-sized flat-top black shades, she wouldn't be the same super glam celebrity. Every face looks beautiful in the right pair. Choose a style that enhances your face shape.

Baywatch Brings Back One-Piece

There is certainly nothing wrong about a gorgeous bikini in any style, but what about hugging your curves in a sleek one-piece?

Thanks to the reboot of Baywatch on the big screen, the single swimsuit staple is back in vogue. The one-piece has turned into a sizzling trend. From super slim to voluptuous, every figure looks glamorous in a non-bikini. The one-piece has been modernized with incredibly flattering details like sexy zippers, the high-cut leg, cool textures and fabrics, peek-a-boo cutouts and much more.

Fashion insiders say the one-piece trend is soaring, so you will find this style at affordable prices online.

Greek Fisherman's Cap Returns

Let's be honest; a straw hat is a wonderful summertime staple, but if you step just outside the box, you will find another hippie favorite coming back.

The Greek fisherman's cap is another inexpensive trend women are putting on for fun and fabulous fashion. Model Bella Hadid was sporting one back in April, a very expensive $600 cap by YSL. Many Greek fisherman's cap can be found for a lot cheaper, even vintage ones going for as cheap as $5.

Summertime fashion doesn't have to break the bank. It's easy to achieve. Just know what you like; see it on a celeb you adore, and copy the look for less. Let me know what you think, or if you have any other cheap summer fashion ideas! 

by on Jul. 31, 2017 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Robin-Christine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2017 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Wearing scarves as belts or hairbands, crispy white shirt with khaki skirt, chunky accessories, Glam up your bags,basic hairbands with clip on earrings
miamorales
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Quoting Robin-Christine: Wearing scarves as belts or hairbands, crispy white shirt with khaki skirt, chunky accessories, Glam up your bags,basic hairbands with clip on earrings

That's a fantastic idea! Definitely will try that. Thank you for your comment! 

lady-t3984
by Tina on Aug. 29, 2017 at 12:38 AM
I love looking glamorous, especially in the summer! I wear a lot of bright colors, I get to change up my purses, usually I wear my Coach purses, I have a few summer bags that look awesome!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)