Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dry Face After Baby

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2017 at 1:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

I've never had dry skin on my face in my life. I've always had pretty oily skin. I'm almost 4 weeks post partum and two weeks ago my face started drying out really bad - especially chin and apples of my cheeks. I find myself in new territory and don't know what to do - it even hurts a little when it gets really dry.

I bought the expensive moisturizer from the store (think it was oil of olay or something was around $50) and that seems to inflame it/make it worse.  I bought the cheaper Neutrogena and that didn't make it worse but also did nothing to help it.  

I don't wear makeup - at least not right now. I use a very light face wash that I used throughout pregnancy. I know this is related to hormones and I'm hoping things will return to normal soon. In the meantime - does anyone have any suggestions on what to use? 

by on Sep. 3, 2017 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tiara117
by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 4:28 AM

Omg. My skin and scalp are so dry and itchy now. I drink water constantly and that helps a little. I use olay and aveeno. For me, I think breastfeeding is literally stripping all the moisture from my skin.

Eholwager
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Yeah I drink a lot of water too. I didn't realize how much breastfeeding/pumping takes out of you!

Quoting tiara117:

Omg. My skin and scalp are so dry and itchy now. I drink water constantly and that helps a little. I use olay and aveeno. For me, I think breastfeeding is literally stripping all the moisture from my skin.

BeautifulMomof1
by Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:57 AM

try an oil - like coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil . . they are anti-fungal and very moisturizing . .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)