Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

do you buy for the next year when you find bargins ?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 26 Replies

i have done that alot in the past, but not so much anymore because my kids seemed to have real big growing purks its getting harder to judge because they are into the teen ages, its a little easer for my 3 year old.

angiebooboo

by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 9:35 AM

I will try to buy for nxt yr if there is sales

Stephanie a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
momofne
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Oh definitly but I'm in the same boat..I have two teens (boys) and can't get away with doing that too much anymore.

sjlk1966
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I tried that a couple of times with my little boy, and he refused to wear the stuff because his taste changed from one year to the next....*sigh*......so it turned out to be a huge waste of money. 

iluvcallalilies
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 10:17 AM

It depends on what it is and how certain I am it will fit, etc. I buy jean jackets when I get a bargain and have every size jean jacket from 0-3mos to 5t in our closet... the girls wear them throughout the year (even a cool summer day)... with COLD winter being only exception, so we use them for sure. Some things, I don't know for sure what their sizes will be, so it depends.

You are Invited to Our Group: Christian Celebrations

kimsardo
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Sometimes. Usually from a thrift though.  I wouldn't want to pay a good price for something that may not work/fit in the coming year. 

bam920
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I do, and for the most part it has worked well for us!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
DogsMom
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Absolutely

sahm_krystal33
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I always do. My son is young enough now [20 months] that it still works. At JCP two years ago I purchased him a winter coat in the spring. It was a $90 set with snowpants and a coat for $9. I was so excited. This spring when I looked I got him a winter coat for next year. It was an $80 coat I got for about $7. I LOVE it. It'll be a challenge when he's older as far as things fitting him and him being picky but it works for now. I also do stuff like this for myself. Winter sweaters and other apparel are on clearance now and I stock up because I know they'll fit me in the winter because I don't grow! lol

sunset
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Sometimes!

Jessica_1717
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Yep! I shop all through the summer and stock up on sale items instead of waiting till right before school starts and shopping with the crowds.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN