Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working at JCP

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

I workted there my Jr and Sr years of high school...Its every teens dream job lol 20% dicount? Heck yes! I remember my first pay check was $66 and i thought i was rich! I had already been making a list of all the clothes i was going to get. It was a great company to work for and im still really close to alot of the people i worked with. That was 5 years ago. Oh and i still have like 10 bags of cloths i cany seem to let go...not like i can fit into them after having 2 kids. (hey a girl can dream lol) I still love shopping at JCPenneys!

Has anyone else worked for the company?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

No I have not. 

StillyBee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I never did get around to working at JCP's when I was younger lol but now that my kids are all out of the nest..I sure do NOW . Waiting for the new JCP's to finally open near me..the recession hasnt helped . =( 

When I can get in there to work..Oh yes I'll have fun working there =) 

butterflypatiently awaits a call from JCP !! lol 

NoahsMomma418
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I haven't but that's only b/c the rearest one is almost 2 hours away! 

momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I did too!  I worked there when I was 15 almost 16 up until I turned 17.  The discount was amazing, and I pretty much spent my check there, lol!

jessrmccar
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I worked there right before I got pregnant with my son. It was a part time job for extra money for the holiday season. Overall a pretty  good place to work, but I left after the holiday season

Arlene
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM

No, I haven't worked there , I shop there a lot though!

teralg
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I used to work at the photo studio and we still got the discount.  I remember getting everyones xmas gifts there. lol  I sure do miss the discounts!  Now since I don't work there any more I use their coupons, $10 of of so much and so on.  They have those a lot.

MomIWant
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM

I worked for JCPenny Coffee Shop when I was in high school (early 1980's).  I loved working there, we always had so much fun.

momofne
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I never worked there although I would have liked to. My grandmother worked at JCP for at least 30 years and eventually retired from there. When I was little I can remeber going into the store with her and everyone knowing her and saying Hi! I thought "WOW she must really be somebody" LOL!

ILoveMyJason
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I wondered who works there now, when I was reading the post a while back about Kohl's vs. JCP. I used to work at Kohl's for many years, from college right up until I went on maternity leave with my first son. I ended up in a high management position in loss prevention just before I decided to resign in order to be a SAHM. It was interesting to read some of the comments people left and thoughts that they had on the store. :-)  You tend to have a somewhat different perspective when you're an employee.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)