Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$100 review of American Living

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 2:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'm finally writing this. I havent been online at all in over a month! So, I got my super duper gift card from the ever-wonderful cafemom! Thanks again. :-) It was at least two weeks after that before I could shop sans kids I think. That ended up being on labor day. Lucky for me, JC Penney had a HUGE sale going! However, my local JC Penney had a grand total of about five total items from the American Living line that were on clearance sale in the ENTIRE STORE. About three shirts in the men's dept and two size 1 pairs of pants. I am NOT a size 1. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate the gift card and I still TOTALLY enjoyed shopping FOR myself ad BY myself! However, I had done a little window shopping at anothe JCP store about 90 min away a while back and they had a TON of AL stuff. So, I wonder why it was not available where I live. Hmm. That said, when I was just looking, I was not thrilled with the price of many of the American Living items. Call me cheap if you like but $90 - $100 bucks for a sundress is a little steep for me. And frankly, it's not really my style anyway. Still, I wanted to shop for that brand because it was my "assignment." I did get a skirt, two pairs of shorts, three shirts, and each of the kids an outfit from the clearance sell racks. :-) Thanks again cafemom for a great day of shopping w/ my mom and some summer clothes that I so desperately needed!
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
connietrrll
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 3:03 AM

My kids have some of the American Living T-shirts. I didn't think they were priced to high. Never looked at the adult line though (not my size). I love them for my son because he wears clothes very hard. I can wash them and they still look good afterwards. JMO

sweetj
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Yes, those sundresses were to expensive. I'm used of paying about $20- $30 for a sundress. They had a clearance rack at my JCPenney too, but everything on there was too big for me. I'm glad you found something.

kimsardo
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 5:05 PM

It sounds like you maximized your $100. Good job. 

RachelleNH
by on Jun. 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Congrats! I didn't know it was over yet..you sure got the bang for your buck..and I think 100 bux is a little over the top for a sundress, I paid 15 at target for mine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)