Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you still love him?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 329 Total Views

Have you ever been asked that quesion? Maybe before you found your marriage in crisis you even asked that question when watching someone else's marriage in crisis. How can you still love him? Once again I was mowing grass when I started thinking about how my husband had told me he loved me but wasn't "in love with me". I wondered how I could still have so much love for a man who had put my children as well as myself through such pain. This man, who still had not commited to reconciling with me.....How do we do it ladies? Are we completely out of our mind? Are we living in a "fantasy world"? No. It is a simple truth that we have all been taught since we became christians....God is loving our spouses through us. HE has given us that unconditional love for our husbands. Unconditional doesn't mean that we condone what these men are doing but we choose to love them no matter what. We love them enough to let God do His work in them without pushing our own agenda....although we are doing with a well meaning heart. We are able to love them through all of this pain are marriage is in because HE first loved us. By choosing to love him everyday God is able to show HIS love to him and others. Keep standing. Keep loving. Keep praying. God is a god of miracles.

You are all always in my prayers and I covet yours as well.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mrs.Adams717
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I have heard that quite a few times, even after our rift. I can remeber doing the Love Dare and watching Fireproof (something I believe every married couple should do.)  and really being able to understand what unconditional love is. I remember when my husband was still having an affair, I had already confrounted him two times already and every morning I made sure I made his lunch before I went to bed and left him a note and this continued even through the time I knew he was cheating on me. "Why do you bother?" My bestfriend would tell me. One night he had caught me making sandwiches in the middle of the night heavy tears streaming down my face, "Why?" he said. "Why are you so good to me and I've hurt you so much?"  Then he broke down. I didn't really have an answer of course I knew I still loved him even though I knew he was still in the midst of an affair. I still knew how important it was for my husband to eat lunch because he hated having to waste money on buying lunch almost as much as he hated starving during his lunch and it was so common for me to put his needs before my own even when he didn't.

How can I still love him? My answer to that is same way God can still love me! My love for him is unconditional and nothing and no one can change that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)