Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a child with Myloproliferative Disorder

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 671 Total Views

My daughter was born with Transient Myloproliferative Disorder and we have regular blood draws to make sure her blood count is ok.  I was curious if there are other parents who have dealt with this disorder with their DS child.  We have had one scare so far and had to have a bone biopsy, thank goodness it was negative.  But our daughter has been sick for the past week and seems to be getting weaker and weaker and we are concerned, so we are waiting for the doctor to call.  So I would love to talk with other parents who have a child with this disorder.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
thecarpentersx4
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Landon had "possible" transient myloproliferative disorder.  We've had to have regular blood draws as well, but so far, so good.  He's now 2 and they have decreased the number of times they'll screen him. 

It is good that you have contacted the doctor.  Having the disorder bumps up the chances of developing leukemia a bit, so definitely share any concerns you have. 

I'm so hesitant to mention it, for fear of scaring you, but a friend's daughter, who had the same disorder at birth is currently going through treatment for luekemia.  But she doesn't exactly have leukemia, however the treatment is the same (chemo).  I'd be happy to send you the link to her blog, where she has been documenting what is going on (and she is good about explaining the technical stuff).  

Keep us updated! 

Giovannasmom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I have never heard of that Disorder. But my best wishes and prayers are with your lil' girl and family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)