• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hosp room after del? piog

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

im curious if you were able to get a private room after you had your baby?  i asked my dr and he said they would try or i would but who knows if he can work that lol. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterwings
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Yes, I was in a private room and Ashlyn was in the nicu. where else would they put you?seriously wondering, not being a smart ass.

zjonzie
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

lol i have had others from other groups tell me they shared a room.  i suppose they put you where there is room depending on the availability.  if this was my first baby it probably would seem like so much more of a challenge, but since its #3 i feel a bit different.  still, i want a room that i can be my dorky self without another person and their family, mine will take over!!! lol  thanks for responding ;)

kathrynmlise
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I labored, birthed and recovered all in the same room. They called it a birthing suite, you might be able to find a hospital in your area that has them. My DS daughter is adopted but I do know someone who had a child with DS and they knew ahead of time and still let her use the birthing suite, they just had an extra Dr. standing by.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM

The rooms at the hospital where I delivered are all private rooms.  The babies also stay with the mother most of the time.   They do have a nursery where the baby can go, but all of my children remained with me - well my oldest went to the NICU, but the other two remained with me in my room until discharge.

kalista
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I had to share a room.  Nathan was in the NICU and I had a roommate who had her baby with her.  I could spend as much time as I wanted in the NICU once I was medically stable to do so.  That was before my HMO opened our new hospital and so it might be different now.  I think it depends on the hospital and what they provide.

MomofAnnaHope
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:56 PM

With my first son, I was in a private room, I guess!  He was the only baby in the hospital!  So even though there were 2 beds, there was only me in the room!  Wasn't so lucky with the second one.

stpalmsgirl
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I was in a private room but i wouldn't have minded to much if I would have had to share with someone in most cases it's only for 2 days anyways.

Regenia41
by Member on Apr. 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I had a private room.  Francesca was in NICU for a week.

oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Apr. 4, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I had 2 roommates . We were treated like everyone else. My first roomate was transfered to nicu and the second went home in 24 hours. We were there almost 4 days due to Oopie's heart tests.

sondamom0828
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I did with both of mine.  With my daughter they said that since she went to the NICU they would give me a private room so I don't take any germs into the NICU.  With my son, he went to the NICU so I asked for a private room so I wouldn't take any germs to the NICU, so I got a private room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)