Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im new here

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is megan and i just had my daughter on april 29th. She is doing awesome. Much better then the doctors all thought she would, not because of the down syndrome but because she has 2 different heart defects. She has AV Canal defect and Tetralogy of Fallot. They thought she would need surgery when she was born but she didnt. So as long as things keep going well she will not have her surgery until she is 4-6 months. her heart doctors are 2 hours away, so its a long commute. We have another apt tomorrow, so far its been about every two weeks that we have to go there, but the dr said they would start getting spaced farther apart. I found out when i was pregnant with her, Addison, that she may have down syndrome. I got the triple screen test and it came back with elevated results for downsyndrome. they asked me if i wanted to get an amnio but I refused, for my own reasons, so we did not know if she had downsyndrome or not for sure until she was born. After my positive screening i was sent to maternal fetal medicine where they found her heart defects. My pregnancy was a roller coaster but we got through it and now I have this beautiful little daughter. I also have another daughter named hailey she will be 4 in august. Well thats my little intro for now. Im sure i will be asking for lots of advice as she gets older and i need help from moms who have been there before. Thank you all in advance!

Megan

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2AidenW
by Group Admin on May. 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Welcome and congratulations!

My son was also born with A/V Canal (complete) and ToF. He underwent his first heart surgery  at 5 months.

mkcst11
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Congratulations on your new addition.  Hailey looks like a very proud big sister!

ozmom004
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Welcome and congratulations. My dd with DS is 3 now and a twin. She too had heart defects, ASD & VSD, they were repaired when she was 3 months old. She brings such joy to our family and I couldn't imagine my world without her.

Rayelen
by Member on May. 29, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!

Regenia41
by Member on May. 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Congratulations!  Cute picture!

My 5 year old daughter Francesca was born with ASD and VSD.  They healed on their own.  The cardiologist is monitoring her mitral valve; we will see him again when she is 10.  She is doing great and will be in kindergarten in the fall.    I am willing to help you with questions anyway I can.

kalista
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

welcome to the group.  my son nathan is 3 and head hart surgery to repair AV canal and cleft mitral valve at age 2.  He's doing great now. Definitely ask questions as they come up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)