Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disneyland tips???

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 453 Total Views

I'm taking Brandon tomorrow. Any tips?  Things your children liked? places to eat? whatever?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

No idea.....but have fun!

kimsardo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Will do! I haven't been to DL since my daughter was little. 20 years ago maybe.

kalista
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I have not been since I was a kid.  I did recently learn though that if your child's disabilities prevent him from being able to wait in long lines, there is an office (disability services? I don't know) where you can get a pass to skip the lines, you don't really have to furnish proof, you just show up and explain that your child has a disability.  I also learned that our kiddos can get a lifetime free pass to all national parks.  :)

ladibug235
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Be sure to go to customer service in the front and get you pass for Brandon. It make it so you get fast pass opn everything and no long waits.

ProudSheri
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Well, you should be there having fun right now....I hope you did get the disabled-pass, you still have to wait a bit sometimes, but I wouldn't take Elijah (12 yr) if I had to wait in long lines. Actually I still have a big McMillan stroller (designed for bigger kids) that I take to all day outings like that, otherwise he would run all over and I would lose him in the crowds, plus he would complain about so much walking. We have year passes to DL and we asked and there is no discounts or freebee's for individuals with DS. Other places like; Legoland, The Zoo & Sea World sell you a disabled pass for them and they get a grown-up in for free. If anyone knows about a free pass for them, please let me know. I hope you had a great time !!  Elijah didn't like any real loud rides, I did bring those orange waxy earplugs, they helped. When he was younger both kids were afraid of the kiddy rides with witches and villains and even the Tiki-room because of the lightening and thunder and dark at times. This last year I actually got him to go on Indiana Jones and Soring = wow. He was very nervous but he did it...and I was so proud of him. But he definitely would NOT go on Space Mountain (it had scary sounds for Halloween) I was scared when I went on it, SO glad I didn't take him ! 'It's a Small World' is a must and Toon Town is very fun and he rode The Matterhorn 6 times ! 'Nimo Submarine' was ok a little closterfobic  though. Ok I better stop, I can go on and on.

kimsardo
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Thank you for the replies.

We had a good time. We did not get the disability pass. I thought we'd do it without. We didn't go on anything that had longer than a 10  min Wait. I did rent the stroller. A very nice stroller too. B loved it. He liked Small World and the Train that goes around the part. He did not like Pirates of the Caribbean (my bad, thought I'd try) or Mr Toads Wild Ride. We got a lot of pics with characters. He loved that. I had to drag him out of the stroller for the few rides but he jumped out to see the characters.

Few people and we had a really good time. Next time I will gat the fast pass. It would have helped us to get on Utopia and Jungle Boat which we didn't do because of the lines.

kalista
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I didn't like Mr Toad's Wild Ride either as a kid.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)