Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thought I'd say hi.

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of CafeMom for quite a while and use to post in different groups all the time.  However on October 27, 2010 we found out that our son had Down syndrome, I completely stopped visiting this website and several others that I was apart of.  I couldn't bare to read the forums of moms who had "normal" children.  It's taken me almost a year, but I'm back.  Woo!

I'm 23.  My son is going to be one August 7th! ACH! Where does the time go?! I do have a blog and Twitter if anyone is interested in having them, let me know.

Looking forward to connecting with guys and getting to know you and your little ones!

by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ProudSheri
by Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM

...Baby steps...That's all you can do, is take one step at a time. That's what I did, now Elijah is 13 and has turned into a typical teenager...still sweet and silly but is now getting over his first Big crush (she was a beautiful student-aid in 3rd period, she graduated High School this year) so sad to see for any mom with any child. He's also becoming a little more independant and doesn't want to 'hang out' with mom as much. So enjoy every moment while they're young ! Good Luck ~ Have Fun.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Welcome to the group! It really dies go by so fast. My little guy is 6 and it seems like yesterday he was just a baby. Glad you found us again and joined the group!
myjjgirls
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hi, there! Nice to meet you! My daughter with DS just turned 3. I was ok with the DS from the start. My hubby on the other hand took a year to adjust. Not that he didn't love her, but he had a hard time adjusting to the idea that life wasn't going to be what he imagined anymore. It's ok to go through that adjustment period. I have been having a harder time lately because Jacy is starting pre-k in Sept. and she is alot different from the other kids and people are really starting to notice her differences. That kind of bugs me cuz I just have always tried to treat her like her age, but now I have to tell people that "she is 3 now and I know she looks like a baby, but she's not. Please treat her like she is 3." The reality is that Jacy feels like a 3 year old and wants to do 3 year old things, it's just harder for her. She may not talk much yet, but by asking yes/no questions and using sign language she can communicate like other 3 year olds, we just have to work a little harder to get her thoughts communicated.  Any questions you have, or if you need to vent, or if you want to brag (I'm sure you have a lot to brag about, too!), we love to hear from you!  Oh, and I know I love to see pix!-  God Bless!- Kim

JacksMom678
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Thank you all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalista
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Hi, nice to meet you.  I know what you mean.  It took me quite a while to be able to deal with "normal" groups, and for the most part i still prefer the special needs groups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)