Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap but nice gift for OT... any ideas??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

I need a gift for my son's OT. I don't want it to be too expensive because I already bought her 3 ornaments. She collects them. But I wanted her to have something to remind her of my little man more than one time a year. Any thoughts?!?

Thanks Ladies!

Have a great Christmas!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
abbeycakes1
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I just did the mug with cocoa thing.  I also made candy and added that to it.  I know it's not very exciting, but we had 4 therapists this year and we're not exactly rolling in the dough right now. 

There is a group called Handmade Holidays that is really good if you want to make something.  Let us know what you end up doing!

oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:12 AM

We do little baskets with pens and cute stationary. They all have to chart and it helps them with little things like sticky posted notes. throw in a pocket calendar that helps or a calculator. it is fun as well as practical and everything can be bought at the dollar stores for next to nothing.

oopies' mom
punky121405
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM

I painted julia's hands and did handprints on a plate and wrote thanks for all of your helping hands.  I think the plate was 70 cents at ocean state job lot.  But it was the cutest!!

321liz
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Quoting punky121405:

I painted julia's hands and did handprints on a plate and wrote thanks for all of your helping hands.  I think the plate was 70 cents at ocean state job lot.  But it was the cutest!!

That's a great idea!  Maybe you can give a nice picture in a cute frame.  Wal-Mart has holiday frames for about $5.00.

Liz2008
by Member on Dec. 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM

i have four therapist so i got them each a little gift bag at bath and body works.  i wish i could do more because i do appreciate how they really seem to care about sebastian. 

dwinkel
by Member on Dec. 20, 2008 at 8:03 AM

Last year I bought the blank puzzles and painted my sons hands and pressed them to the puzzle and wrote a short phrase on it (ie...You have touched my life!) then I copied the puzzle (like the front of the box would be but I enclosed it in an envelope) broke the pieces apart and put it ina big envelope. I sure hope that made some kind of sense!

Sorry it is sideways....

gvnGodsgr8stgft
by Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 5:07 PM

That is such a cute idea! His hands are so tiny though, I'd have to do feet too! Thanks for all the great advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)