Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ma Ma

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

Hi everyone-

I had to share that Charlie is FINALLY saying the magic word- "Ma Ma"- and he is using it appropriately, too.  He calls for me when he is hurt, when his dad chastises him he comes running and tries to play me for sympathy, I LOVE IT!

We visited my parents today and I asked him to say it, which he did.  My dad's grin was priceless, and when he said, "You've waited a long time for that little voice", I got so choked up.  I have waited, and wow was it worth it!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ravenpoe75
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Thats so beautiful, Congradulations Ma Ma! I remember not to long ago that Gage finally called me MaMa, I cried my eyes out, he has said dad since he could open his mouth, but mom was a long wait for me too! Before he said Ma Ma he always called me Bob, lol ! Your little guy is so beautiful!

good

ladybugmya
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:25 PM

AWWW! That is so wonderful! I know exactly how you feel...I waited 7 years to hear that precious word! Still chokes me up now, a year later, every time she says it!

swetty06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 2:31 AM

hi good job   keep up the good work

my hubby ,shellby.me.cory

wendi

oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

There really are no sweeter words................

MomJJTwins
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM

My 2 year old started saying it around 18 months but only to yell at me or for me.  When I walk away from her she yells it.  Funny  and I look forward to hearing when she says it sweetly.  When I say it to her, she just smiles and laughs and I will take it.  My other one says it when I am correcting her behaivor and it is funny too.   (ie, please do not throw your bowl off the table...I love you...).  Congrats!!!!

deborib1
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Congratulations!!

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:57 PM

That is great!  Your story got me choked up too!  I'm really happy for you!

gvnGodsgr8stgft
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM

That's great!!! You must be so proud!! He's handsome too!

Princess_Sarah7
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Thats awesome!! was mama his first word?

Luv2007
by Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:48 AM

So awesome! Jaxen said MAMA when he was around 7 months for about a day then stopped completely. He is trying hard now to say it but keeps saying Mmm BA instead. In his own way I suppose he is saying it. Congrats again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)