Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mess maker

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

My little man is 20 monthes old he is at a stage where all he wants to do is make huge messes. It is too cute.  If I put the laundry basket with clothes in it on the floor he crawls right over and starts throwing them all over the place. He does it to my dvd's, his toys, his diapers. As cute as it is I am getting tired of picking it up all the time. lol

Karen H
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimsardo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Awe, cute but I know the frustration.   Brandon (5 1/2) just recetly stopped doing that, for the most part.  Though it has started back up since he's been on Christmas vacation.  It's not cute anymore lol!

Lovechild82
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM

It just keeps getting worse >.<  Some how my daughter seems to make bigger mess then she did just 6 months ago ,heh.

oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Oop too he likes to empty cabinets so we gave him one of his own and we wait til he puts everything back . His cabinet is in the bathroom he climbs inside it's so cute just have to remember not to put towels in there.......... My Aunt gave him a drawer in her kitchen to play in when she cooks so he can be with her and not into things. She says it works.

MomJJTwins
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM

We have these plastic balls (175 of them!) - the kind that go into a play pool. The girls love to throw them down the stairs.  I also gather them up and will put them in a cabinet or some other unexpected places.  We had 2 families over for dinner and 7 more kids, and the boys used them to throw them around. Lots of fun for a thrower!   At least Juliet has stopped throwing her food of the table!

kathrynmlise
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM

This is actually good to hear! I thought it was odd that when I put my little one to bed I have to check and double check the room first because she gets into EVERYTHING!

Here is the bedroom dump list:

Diaper pail

dirty laundry basket

bottom 2 drawers of the dresser (yes, let's just go ahead and mix these in with the dirty clothes!)

Diapers

Wipes out of the wipe warmer

all of her blankets and all of the blankets she can reach from her 2 sisters who share the room and are unable to get out of bed and into things, let alone cover themselves back up!

This is on a good day!

deborib1
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Haha...so Nicholas isn't the only one.  He loves to empty the Tupperware cabinet first thing after breakfast.  I wait until nap time to pick them up and then he usually doesn't do it again until the next morning.  Here are a couple of pics.

AuntGranny
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Nathan loves to explore everything by emptying things out.  Thankful I can usually get him to help pick up if he thinks it's a game!

Carol

punky121405
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 7:59 PM

We call Julia the ONE WOMAN TORNADO!!!  Because after she has left a room it looks like a tornado has come through the place!!

swetty06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM

my daughter is 7 years old there re days she makes the biggest mess ever oneday she empty her toybox in her room plus all her babydolls boy what a mess that was she helped me clean it up

my hubby ,shellby.me.cory

wendi

Princess_Sarah7
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Quoting momofbarrett:

My little man is 20 monthes old he is at a stage where all he wants to do is make huge messes. It is too cute.  If I put the laundry basket with clothes in it on the floor he crawls right over and starts throwing them all over the place. He does it to my dvd's, his toys, his diapers. As cute as it is I am getting tired of picking it up all the time. lol

It makes me think of my little guy he is almost crawling, and has started grabbing everything to put in his mouth. He also gets so messy every meal or snack time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)