Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very sad time

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM
  • 38 Replies
  • 744 Total Views

My son Nicholas passed away saturday evening aftering fighting RSV and a blood infection for 3 weeks.  Nick was 3 years old, was born with AV canal which they say was complicated.  He did have part one of the repair done. 

He was in ICU at St Christopher's, he was on the ventilator and had a central line in his neck.  and there is always a chance for infection.  The RSV made him too weak to fight the blood infection, which he got from the central line.  I was there with him til the end and it was peaceful.

I miss him terribly.  I was with him all the time.  He is my hero and my inspiration.  He fought hard for being such a fragile little boy.   He has taught me so much.  I thank God for every minute I spent with him, it was worth every one and I am thankful for them.

I love you Nicholas!!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kalista
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your beautiful little boy.

DSmom3604
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I am so deeply sorry for your loss.I will pray for your family.I'm not sure if you believe but...I read somewhere one day that "God sometimes likes to pic beautiful flowers from his garden".When I read that I thought is was just soooo beautiful.

mmmsunny
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM

So very sorry to hear of your loss.sadgroup hug

AuntGranny
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family.  There are no words to express my sorrow.  May God give you strength.  Nicholas will always be with you in your heart.

With Love,

Carol

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I am so sorry.  You will be in my prayers.

Tulip 'Menton', Tulipa. - photos & pictures - ID #2966

Destinyzbuety
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Oh Myu Goodness!! I am very sorry to hear that your son passed, you have my condolensces. God Bless atleast he is not suffering. My daughter had RSV when she was 3 or 4 and was in the hospital for a few days but my goodness, I think alot of children passed from RSV that year.

RyansJourney
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM

My heart is so heavy after reading your message.  I am deeply, deeply sorry for the loss of your little angel. My son also had AV canal when he was born.  Just remember your son is in paradise right now. Please know that you and your lovely family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so very sorry.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I'm so sorry for you lost.....Celebrate the bright light that is Nick!

adamsmom05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Extending Deep And Heartfelt Sympathy To You And Your Family
I'm praying for you,God be with you in this painful time.
God's loving arms wrap around you and your family.
Your wings have spread yet once again. Rest in Peace little Nicholas.

Martina
oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM

My heart breaks for you and your family. I will be thinking of you and am here if you need to talk. I know your pain and if there is anything I can do just let me know.

oopies' mom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)