Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bay Area Romp for Research

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

I got this announcement from the Karen Gaffney Foundation: http://www.karengaffneyfoundation.com/

Hello Friends,

Karen and I just found out about a fun-filled activity that is a fund raiser for Down Syndrome Research in Mountain View , CA .  I told Paulina Flores—the administrator of DSRTF—that I would send out this “Save-the-Date” flyer to everyone Karen and I know!!  There can never be too much research or treatment for Down Syndrome—I believe that you would all agree!!

The first annual “2009 Bay Area Romp for Research”- a fun-filled day in the park full of arts & crafts, games, water activities on the lake and plenty of food and fun!  The Romp is free to attend and open to everyone interested in supporting Down syndrome research

This year’s Romp will take place on

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shoreline Lake

Mountain View, CA

The Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation envisions a world in which people with Down syndrome are fully included in academic and social environments and can live independently as adults. In recent years, private and public services, including early intervention, special education and job training, have greatly improved the lives of those who have Down syndrome; however, more scientific research is needed to truly understand Down syndrome and to help the medical community provide the services and healthcare needed to continue to unlock the full intellectual potential of individuals living with Down syndrome.

Please forward the attached invitation to families, supporters and anyone else who might be interested in attending this exciting event or have them email me directly for more information! If you have any questions regarding the “Bay Area Romp for Research” or the Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation please feel to email us at: caliromp@dsrtf.org  or visit www.dsrtf.org

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)