• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aiden's Heart

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 467 Total Views

For those who don't know, Aiden will be undergoing another heart surgery in March to repair his mitral valve.

We have put the surgery off as long as we could, but it is now affecting his growth and weight gain. We can not put it off any longer.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:54 PM

He will certainly be in our prayers.  Please keep us updated as it gets closer.

Michele and Alex

having chocolate

DSmom3604
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Tomorrow for Valentine's Day I will send MY HEART out to him.He'll be in my prayers and I know he'll do just fine.Let's have positive thoughts and many prayers!

Jessica

oopiesmom
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

You are in our thoughts and on our minds if you need anything yo have only to ask. We will be praying for you all. Hugs to Aiden and a shoulder if you need one.

Mom2AidenW
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

The pre-OHS cath lab will be on March 10 and surgery will follow 1  - 2 weeks after that once a plan has been set.

charchar333
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM

GO Aiden ! I know it's scary but he will be fixed up good as new ! Please keep us informed as much as you can.. you and he are in my thoughts and prayers.

kimsardo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Ok, they decided.  Time to get Aiden's heart fixed.   You are both strong. We will be here for you.

Mom2AidenW
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM

He's much more stronger than I am. I've had three anxiety attacks since Wednesday when his cardio mentioned it was time.

kalista
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:54 PM

You've been through this already so you know what you're in for.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. 

Sandiegomaxmom suggested a book called "walk on water" about pediatric heart surgery and surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic.  I'm reading it right now and the beginning was rough for me but these docs work on SUCH complicated heart issues that it makes me feels a bit more secure about how routine Nathan's surgery will be...

I say that NOW, but wait til we get the call from his cardiologist about when it's time to refer for the surgery.  Nathan needs his ASD repaired and also they will repair the endocardial cushion defect while they are there.  The endocardial cushion defect is basically holding itself closed, they would not do OHS just for that but they will fix it once they've -- gulp -- opened him up.  Maybe later this year.

I hope Aiden's surgery goes as smoothly as possible and that this will in the end help him to gain weight and thrive.  I'm sorry you guys have to go through this!

RyansJourney
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with your little angel Aiden. 

trevorsmom123
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM

You and your Family will be in my thoughts and prayers.Please keep us posted as to how things go.

Tammie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)