Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

k=what are your kids doing ths summer?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 211 Total Views

my kids are going to camp . shellby went swimming for 3 hours today at camp . when she came home boy was so so tired she ate I gave her bath by 7 she was out. she loves going to camp

my hubby ,shellby.me.cory

wendi

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kalista
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Well, Nathan is doing swimming lessons and he was scared at first but now he loves it!  And I think we'll try to get a camping trip in before too long-- let him get in the dirt and get filthy.  His heart surgery is in August but there's plenty of time before then.

punky121405
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Julia will be going to a summer school program, We also started a Special Olympics Young Athletes program were we do 30 minutes in the gym, and then 30 min in the pool.  She love it!!  But what I am most excited about is our trip to Sesame Place!!!! Julia is going to be so excited she just loves "MELMO". 

lacey09
by Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I am too scared to send Matthew to a summer camp. Since he is mostly non-verbal then I  would have no idea if he was abused or neglected. So  I just can't risk it myself. This is referring to the weeklong special needs programs in the Atlanta area.

Now, we did sign up for the bike lessons. So he will be going in mid July to learn to ride a bike. It is about 75 minutes a day for 5 days. So I will be able to stay and watch.

It is called "lose the training wheels"

Princess_Sarah7
by Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 3:37 PM

We are going swimming a lot this summer and going to the park. Angel loves to swim, and he loves when I push him on the swing.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Here's what's in store for Max so far:

Summer School (about 4 weeks)

Karate Class for Special needs kids once a week

Swimming 3 times a week (Max does this year round)

Speech/Language twice a week

Regular visits to the beach, pool and park.

Jensen-Schmidt Tennis Camp

http://jensen-schmidt.com/index.htm

We're really excited about this opportunity for FREE tennis camps only offered to individuals with Down syndrome.  The children each have a buddy to assist them.  All instruction, equipment and food is included.  It's 3 days from 9:00-1:00.  I recommend checking to see if there's one offered in your area. 

JJPsmommy07
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Jonathon starts summer school next week.  He will go once per week.

We are trying to get a scholarship for the local YMCA so he can swim.

Trips to the beach this summer for sure.  Summer activities with our local Down Syndrome Group.

And lots of time outside

Hopefully another tip to the zoo.  He loved it last year.

Bluerose156
by Member on Jun. 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Please let us know about the bike camp after he goes.  We are hoping to get that program in the Knoxville, TN area next summer.  We just heard about it.  They are doing it in Nashville, but that is 3 1/2 hours away.  They say it is a great program.  Nathan (18) and Becca (17) have never learned to ride a bike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)