Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is It Contradicting?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

I have been insulted all day by women on this site.  It's all because I made a comment against gay marriage.  I said and I quote "  I do not support gay marriage and I was raised and believe in my heart it is wrong. And it's a sin against god.  BUT  I also do not feel I have the right to tell someone they can't do what they want. 

Is that contradicting.  And how do they get "hypocritical christian fanatic" out of it?

Journals are full of gay marriage crap and christians being trashed. 

I reported the gay marriage post by the way. 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sunshine06
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2009 at 10:56 PM

They get Christian fanatic out of it because you mentioned the G word.  And it's not contradictory.  You basicallysaid it's not for you, but you won't say it can't be for anyone else.  You see, as soon as you type the word GOD in your reply, they dismiss everything you say and focus on that.  Because to them Christians are the enemy.  Even though you said you don't have the right to tell anyone what they can do, they read it as you attacking them.  I know.  It makes no sense.  I got attacked for saying I had a gay friend who said she chose to be gay.  That's all I said other than I was a Christian.  You slip that in there and they go nuts.  And the whole time I was supporting their cause!  They just couldn't see it through their hate.

Bethsunshine
by on May. 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I've gotten ripped apart because I've stated that I believe homosexuality is wrong. Unless you're an Obama mama, gay marriage rights supporter, non-Christian, you're not allowed to  have an opinion on Cafemom. This whole site has been nothing but gay marriage crap for weeks now.

Katie911
by on May. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I've gotten ripped apart because I've stated that I believe homosexuality is wrong. Unless you're an Obama mama, gay marriage rights supporter, non-Christian, you're not allowed to  have an opinion on Cafemom. This whole site has been nothing but gay marriage crap for weeks now.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that.  Today is the first day in weeks that a gay marriage post is NOT in the top 10 journals.  I think that gay marriage is wrong.  Now that is an opinion and according to Cafemom rules my opinion should be respected by all even if they disagree.  I guess Cafemom does not care about everyone.

tinamatt
by on May. 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Sometimes that's how I feel, not only at CM, but at other sites as well.

But unfortunately, there are some Christians who are so blinded by their hate towards Obama that they can't see straight.  I don't support most of Obama's policies . . . but I also don't have any proof that he's not an American citizen, or that he's a closet Muslim.  (Yes, his father was Muslim, but he has not made a public profession of the Muslim faith that I am aware of.) 

Yet, whenever I have said that there's no concrete proof of either allegation, I've been bashed by certain people.

I get really frustrated by both sides at times.  I want to be reasonable but there are plenty of people who just don't want to be reasonable.

Tina

"I urge, then . . . that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." -- I Timothy 2:1-2, New International Version

jigsaw ribbonpraying

treefroggreen
by on May. 11, 2009 at 8:42 AM

its not contradicting.

although i am all for gay marriage, i would never say anything to you for thinking/believeing its wrong.i like to stay away from these type of discussions though, i would rather just let it roll, rather than hurt someone's belief 

Bethsunshine
by on May. 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Katie911:

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that.  Today is the first day in weeks that a gay marriage post is NOT in the top 10 journals.  I think that gay marriage is wrong.  Now that is an opinion and according to Cafemom rules my opinion should be respected by all even if they disagree.  I guess Cafemom does not care about everyone.

That's my whole point!!!! If you support gay marriage, fine, that's your opinion and belief and you are certainly entitled to that. The minute you post an opposing viewpoint, you get accused of being intolerant and judgemental and you're not allowed to disagree. I've tried to stay away from these posts as much as possible, because unless you completely agree with the post, ie, gay marriage is wonderful and great and let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, you're going to get ripped to pieces.

amyloukayla
by New Member on May. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM

In this day and age, some beliefs need to be challenged and brought to the forefront of discussion rather than just be pushed  to the wayside.  It's also quite common that what many Christians believe to be morally wrong are perceived as "judgmental" and "bigoted" to the secular world (or non-believers).  Those "for" and "against" issues perceived as controversial need to be able to discuss these differences with dignity and respect.  I.e., it will never be right for a Christian to speak what they feel to be morally right but doing so in HATEFUL way.  Speaking the truth in love is a noteworthy character of a true Christian. THIS virtue is what distinguishes a genuine follower of Christ from the imposter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)