Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oldest starting Kindergarten!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

Well my eldest is supposed to be starting Kindergarten this year. She is turning six in december. She is WAY past ready to start school. She is already doing 1st grade math and phonics. But the deal is that I'm having a hard time trying to get her registered for school. Why does it have to be so dang difficult to get your kid into school??? I'm a single mom, don't really have much help.. So I NEED her to go to one of the elementry schools that her day care transports to. Her day care is in the Renton School disctirct. It transports to two schools in the Renton district and one in the Kent district....but I recently just moved, and I had to move to Tukwilla. So now I'm in the WRONG school district. So I tried to get her registered for school. But they said that they weren't accepting any inter district transfers at the moment... So I had to wait, they said they would call me back friday or monday. Of course they both come and went... and I hear from no one. So I call them today... And now they are telling me that they are doing it case by case so she couldn't tell me if I'd be able to do it or not. That I have to go down and get her released from the tukwilla district, and then apply for the transfer with the kent district... WHY so many hoops just to get your kid into school??? And of course this is the week where I am covering at work and have to work 7:30-6 all week. No ifs ands or buts... Cuz if I'm not here we would have to shut down the store of course. GAH!! I'm so frustrated!!! And school starts next week!! If I don't get my girl to school on the FIRST day of school. I am going to be SUPER pissed off. *SIGH* anyway I'm done. just needed to vent. Thanx for readin mommas!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)