Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on girls!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 517 Total Views
Hey girls I know this is a new group, and you've all been added today, but I want to know about you!!!!! I'm so excited to finaly have other people who have gone thru this too, and I'm ready to start having some fun! Since you guys are the first members I would really appreciate some ideas of fun games, and posts we can do!!!!! Let me know!!!!!!
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DeeGillette
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Well, I'm Dee and I'm 42.  I'm really tired tonight so I will write more about me and life and stuff tomorrow.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
tracylynnr67
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 3:06 AM

Hi!
My name is TracyLynn and I am 40, married for almost 22 years, mom to 4 and grammy to 1. I am a thyroid cancer survivor....I had a thyroid cyst for several years (but didn't know about even though looking back at pics it's visible..I have been told that it's not uncommon to never notice the lump because yous ee yourself every day and those around you do as well and it grows so gradually that it just gets missed...it wasn't huge or anything) and in 2/05 it shifted and caused me to be unable to breathe,...TG it kept moving and I could breathe again after a bit. After many tests it was found and on 3/2/05 it was removed and 2 cancerous lesions were found on it so 14 days after surgery #1 was done, surgery #2 was done to remove my thyroid (which had one small cancerous lesion on it). My thryoid and parathyroid are gone. I take Levoxyl....which works well though I do have moments when I don't feel 100%.....I am peri-menopausal which can be such a joy when you have no thyroid (NOT). I had thyroid issues related TO thecancer for years but had no clue...I was 98#'s, tired all the time...etc. but I just wrote it off to being the busy mom to 4 kids. I am much healthier these days, I weigh a nice healthy 156#'s and I am actually pretty energetic these days. I don't think about not having a thyroid...it hasn't changed my life or what I can do.....I am just me minus a thyroid.

Wife to Gary since 10/22/85

Mom to:
 Cristopher-20 (a soldier stationed a few states away and soon to deplot to Iraq), Andrew-19 (dad to 1), William (AKA~BJ)-16 (10th grader in waiting....new school year starts on 8/23) and Daniel-15 (also a 10th grader in waiting); Grammy to Ayden born 7/7/06 and Heart Mom to Frances-24 (Cris's gf and also a soldier soon to deploy).

Stay at home mom, wife of a Veteran, mom of a soldier, thyroid cancer survivor (cancer free and thyroidless since 3/05) and former homeschooler (1995-2003). I love to make new friends :-)

melissa26101
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Hi my name is Melissa and I am 26 I have been married for 6 years and we have a beautiful 6 year old daughter.  My Thyroid story began just a couple months ago in April.  I hadn't been to the doctor in several years and I decided it was time to make a new appointment so I went in for my appointment and they did routine blood work and my TSH level was 0 so they did more extensive blood work and said I had an autoimmune thyroid disease and referred me to an endo.  I went to the endo last Thursday and they of course did more blood work because he said I appeared normal and thought maybe it was just subacute thyroiditis triggered by a cold and soar throat I had had right before my 1st dr's appointment.  I got the results today and they say I have Graves disease and they have started me on Tapazole.  I knew there was something wrong with me because I have been so tired and could hardly function it took everything I had just to get out of bed of a morning.  I had no idea until I talked to my dr that my hair  falling out and being so tired and forgetful could be because of my thyroid.  Anyway if any of you can give me and advice and information on Graves I would really appreciate it.  Have any of you had to take Tapazole and if so did you experience any side effects???

Thanks in advance,
Melissa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)