Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

couponing

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

Is that even a word?!?!

anyway, I am trying to learn how to be like these moms who go to the store and buy $200 worth of groceries for $12! 

So if anyone has ideas on how they do it or pictures of how they organize all of the stuff lets see it.

I personally think the more orgazined you are, the more you actually save.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

by on Jun. 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sew4fun
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I wanna know this too..!!!!  

Cheapsk8mom
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Hi ladies,

I don't know how to save that kind of supermarket cash, yet.  I do know how to get discounts and cash back on everything from  potty paper to your cable bill though! (groceries too, but not that steep a discount). 

It's by joining a club, that is 100% free to join use and save with, no membership dues, or sneaky up charges.  If anyone wants to know the secret, please PM me, I would be happy to share it. 

I look forward to gleaning tips from other members, I can always save an extra little bit, it really does add up. BTW, I always save more shopping for anything when I am super organized, and have a plan of attack, I stay open to brand, but never quality, and try to have a stick to it list before I start.  I converted my home to about 95% internet based shopping, and I save huge money because I don't fall prey to impulse buying nearly as quickly online as I do in the store.  I feed a family of four like royalty for about $100-$125 per month, and one or two bulk purchases of around $300 per year.  Our HUGEST budget saver regarding food, is buying whole animals, and paying a butcher to process the meat, I eat hamburger and filet for the same price per pound that way.  I know it's not really a coupon, but it is huge money saved.

workinfromhome8
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

What club exactly is this?!  Is it a businesss opp?

Quoting Cheapsk8mom:

Hi ladies,

I don't know how to save that kind of supermarket cash, yet.  I do know how to get discounts and cash back on everything from  potty paper to your cable bill though! (groceries too, but not that steep a discount). 

It's by joining a club, that is 100% free to join use and save with, no membership dues, or sneaky up charges.  If anyone wants to know the secret, please PM me, I would be happy to share it. 

I look forward to gleaning tips from other members, I can always save an extra little bit, it really does add up. BTW, I always save more shopping for anything when I am super organized, and have a plan of attack, I stay open to brand, but never quality, and try to have a stick to it list before I start.  I converted my home to about 95% internet based shopping, and I save huge money because I don't fall prey to impulse buying nearly as quickly online as I do in the store.  I feed a family of four like royalty for about $100-$125 per month, and one or two bulk purchases of around $300 per year.  Our HUGEST budget saver regarding food, is buying whole animals, and paying a butcher to process the meat, I eat hamburger and filet for the same price per pound that way.  I know it's not really a coupon, but it is huge money saved.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

laidybug
by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 2:58 PM

So DO I.

Quoting sew4fun:

I wanna know this too..!!!!  

workinfromhome8
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM

target

Secret 1.99-1.00= .99

Toothpaste 3.99-1.00= 2.99

Tide .97- .35= .62

Nail polish BOGO 8.95- 3.69= 4.99

Panteen 1.94- 1.00= .94

Total savings = 7.04

Walmart

Poptart 1.50- .55= .95

Toothpaste 2.92- .75= 2.17

TP 2.00- 1.00= 1.00

TP 2.78- 1.00= 1.78

Pull UPs 9.72- 2.00= 7.72

total savings= 5.30

MY HERO!                               

workinfromhome8
by Group Owner on Jun. 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I am also working on figureing out walgreens(i dont ' have a CVS near me)

So They had cottenelle wipes on sale from 3.99 to a coupon for just about half off..  then the sunday paper had another coupon for an additional .50 off.  so I ened up paying just 1.50 for a box of wipes.

also they had all axe products on sale for buy one get one for 50% off.  There is a printable coupon for 2.00 off an axe product also.  so if you use that just once you get basically a buy one get one free.  but since you have to buy two for the walgreens deal you get one for .50 and the other for 2.99!!!!!!

MY HERO!                               

Cheapsk8mom
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Quoting workinfromhome8:

What club exactly is this?!  Is it a businesss opp?

Quoting Cheapsk8mom:

Hi ladies,

It can be, but not really.  Aisle19.com is an internet savings portal that is owned by EscapeInternational(that's the biz op side of things), Retailers pay Escape to aquire new customers, Escape does that through membership only savings portal, Aisle19.com. Customers of Aisle19.com, shop at the store of their choice, target.com for ex, order and purchase including any discounts, or promo codes, coupons...and Target sends a portion of money to Escape that sends it out to the Aisle19 customer.  It's really easy to get the handle of using, and it's FREE, with zero hassles.  I hope that helps, anyone who may be interested can PM me for more info.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been checking my other post in this group and didn't see that this one had any more responses after mine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN