Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2nd Appointment

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 142 Total Views

well, my app was on friday, and everything went good, this was the app where i got to hear the baby's heart beat, i had to wait 5 weeks from the first app cause he wanted to make sure we got a good reading, but he told me don't be alarmed if they couldn't find it cause it may be too early with the hand held monitor thingy he used, he said if they didn't find it he'd do an ultrasound, i told him, you can do one anyway, he said they needed a reason to put down for it, i told him shhh i won't tell no one, he lauged and then checked for the heart beat and found it, it was 175, so fast and so wonderful to hear it, but he said he'd do an ultrasound cause he wanted to check the Nuchal Translucency, that has to do with checking for down syndrome and other genetic disorders, well i am too young to be at risk for down syndrome and there is no family medical history to cause a need to check, so what he did was find a reason to do an ultrasound for me, i got back on wednesday for my ultrasound, he said i will have lots of pics of my baby, cause he knows how upset i was that i did not have a pic after scan at the hospital and that i couldn't get an ultrasound at my first app cause i had just had the one at the hospital and my insurance wouldn't cover it, my doctor is woderful, he really does his best to do what his patients want, he finds a way, and i know i could not have a better doc period, cause he is ranked #1 in south eastern michigan for high risk pregnancies, with my pcos and me having to go on fertility drugs to get preggo i am considered high risk, i know that everything is going to go perfect, also, i found out something wonderful for my insurance, i only had to pay a $10 copay for the initial visit where they comfirm the pregnancy, everything else is covered 100%, thats awesome, i hope labor and delivery is covered too, lol, but anyway, thats how my second ob appointment went

Our First Baby Together Is Due January 6, 2010

pregnant bellyexpecting babystork

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TheFoo
by on Jul. 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Thats so exciting and wonderful to hear! I have my ultrasound and heartbeat check tomorrow and cant wait. I am so excited I hope it goes just as well as yours. My Ob is an older lady so shes not as sympathetic as a male dr would be but she knows whats shes doing!

Farren

Expecting our 1st 1-9-10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)