Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food allergies

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 334 Total Views
I am at my wits end!  Alyssa is having a reaction to something, and I think it is milk.  She has had a rash for 4 months, and the Dr's say that it is just sensitive skin... and her gas and diarreha are really nothing to be concerned about...just to start eliminating entire food groups until we can figure out what is causing it.  I feel like they are not taking it seriously, and I am frustrated.  AHHHHHHH!  Has any one delt with food allergies?  How did you narrow it down?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer... Alyssa's Mommy!

by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AyeBlossom
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 6:45 PM
i would do just that...eliminate entire food groups and see what happens.  if you eliminate dairy and it clears up...then you know she needs to be tested for that.

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy” ~James Madison~ 

jasnzbabiezmoma
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 8:07 PM
my middle son did this and he was allergic to milk protien, he was put on alimentum, my youngest was lactose intolerant he was on every formula only one that worked was similac sensitive. good luck i know ur pain

Group Owner -  **Mommy's That Need Some Help**  Come Join The Fun !!

Group Owner -   **SAHM Friends**   Come Join Other SAHM's

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 10:58 PM
We are dealing with allergies right now and it's driving me crazy!  He has serious problems with milk and soy, and projectile vomits them so he's on Nutramigen, which is hypoallergenic.  He's clearly allergic to carrots, oats, barley and likely sweet potatoes, as well as avacados and green beans.  The dr agreed to run allergy tests on him, which we're currently waiting for the results on.
As I had the clue that it'd be a problem b/c of the milk/soy thing I knew to take things very slowly and watch for signs of allergies when introducing new foods, so that made it easier on us.  I gave a single food for at least 3 days before offering something new, to watch for allergies.  His allergies all showed up within a day and a half, or about the 5th feeding, though the carrots were the quickest to show up.  Anyway, it's just a game of trial and error until you can find what's causing it.  You could request an allergy test but, unfortunately, they're not real accurate.  They just kind of offer some direction more than anything.  Good luck!.

Calling ALL formula feeding moms:  Did you WANT to breastfeed but something out of your hands stopped you?  If so, come check out the new group:

Formula Feeding Moms (Who couldn't breastfeed)

Babies with Colic and Reflux

meismith
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2011 at 1:14 AM

i work at a daycare in the infant room as the lead and i suggest to the parents to have their child eat one kind of food for a few days and see if the symptoms go away or if they become stronger. in doing this you can really see what is causing your little ones reactions.

with my son we are worried about how he is going to react to peaches because i have a sevear reaction to them and have to carry an epi-pen.

best of luck! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)